New Fremen Mission

Player

1) so in the first mission, you will have to give atreides reinforcements to destroy the harkonnens. You will also have reinforcements. "successful survival"
2)you are surrounded on all sides. Defend and prepare an army to counterattack, and the Atreides will also help you, but the Harkonen have allies. you have to destroy the base and units of the harkonen and the empire
3) we were betrayed...we were betrayed by the atreides and they are now with the harkonnens and there are mercenaries here. We'll bribe them. But it will take some time, hold out a little and we will destroy the traitors
4) we were attacked. Our main base has been attacked. We'll have to wait for reinforcements to arrive. The first will come in 15 minutes, the second after the first reinforcement, the second will come, much more. you have to wait 30 minutes or destroy one of the outposts of the empire. Mercenaries and their allies will help you
5)You have to destroy ALL opponents in an unequal battle, I wish you good luck

download the company : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AMfCKmyUet7MCePAB2BiPkcWYadBe3Vh/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Player
  • Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 1:21 PM, Player said:

1) so in the first mission, you will have to give atreides reinforcements to destroy the harkonnens. You will also have reinforcements. "successful survival"
2)you are surrounded on all sides. Defend and prepare an army to counterattack, and the Atreides will also help you, but the Harkonen have allies. you have to destroy the base and units of the harkonen and the empire
3) we were betrayed...we were betrayed by the atreides and they are now with the harkonnens and there are mercenaries here. We'll bribe them. But it will take some time, hold out a little and we will destroy the traitors
4) we were attacked. Our main base has been attacked. We'll have to wait for reinforcements to arrive. The first will come in 15 minutes, the second after the first reinforcement, the second will come, much more. you have to wait 30 minutes or destroy one of the outposts of the empire. Mercenaries and their allies will help you
5)You have to destroy ALL opponents in an unequal battle, I wish you good luck

download the company : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AMfCKmyUet7MCePAB2BiPkcWYadBe3Vh/view?usp=sharing

Alright, now it can be downloaded.

I will take a run on then soon, but meanwhile I can help you with certain parts.

First, I can see that you name the files based on the original game. I don't know if you are aware on how advance we are in terms of modding. The mission launcher created by Funky and Feda here . This tool can load custom missions on your game withouth requiring to overwrite the original files, so you can play any custom mission you (or others) made and at the same time preserving the original files.

This way, you can rename your files, instead "a1v1.map" you can name it as "the fremen alliance 1.map" or anyway you want it (except "Fremen Warriors 1.map" because I made a campaign and name it that way).

Also, with the mission launcher, you don't need to make the Atreides using the index "4" so they appear as fremen, but doing all the stuff directly on your map using the Fremen side directly (on the mission launcher they will appear in the "Fremen" section, using Atreides side even with index 4 they still will appear on the Atreides section).

This also allow you to write the instructions on the map "1) in the first mission, you will have to [...]" can be written directly on the editor so when loading on that mission launcher people can read it when it is about to play it.

Also you can create custom text that appears in the game, like if you protect the Atreides (or whatever objetive) you can make a text on the screen "Atreides: thanks for the help Fremen", or anything that you want/need. This is all more easy than may looks.

You are free to keep the "vanilla" name and being applied directly into the game, but if you want to do a conversion I can help with that, using the editor and all the stuff.
I think it is worthy as you can expand your campaign (or creating new) more easily, you are not tied to limit your campaign to 9 missions but expand to 10, 15 or 30... and if you want to create an Atreides campaign in the future you don't need to choose to have into your game one campaign or the other, but having both.

So if you are interested I can help with that; in any case I will give a try to your missions, I am curious.

Edited by Cm_blast

Alright, I played the 5 missions.
I will write this in spoilers so it doesn't take too much room and to allow people who wants to play it to not know stuff from the game from me.

Spoiler

Mission 1 not much to say, a simple concept and probably sending all the units would give me victory but also risking my own stuff.
I find interesting how the allies also drop stuff not just near the player area, but near the enemy, so your ally behave as the enemy does in this game: by dropping units near the base.

Mission 2: well, the mission itself it's not hard as you get help; also the enemy strengh comes from reinforcements as those Ai are very weak. Maybe it was inteded, but as at least you know to give the player the harvester remplacement in case you lost all, you may want to give to the enemy Ais one as well, because having only 1 refinery and only 1 harvester it is unlikely that they will get the silos full and, withouth remplacements, once an AI lost the only 1 harv (killed or eat by a sandworm) that Ai it's left to whatever only reinforcements you give to it. Unless, again, this was your intended purpose.

I lost 1 harv (dunno how) when the first enemy was destroyed and I still manage to do well against the other.

Now, you may don't know this, but you are using a "practice" kind of AI. This is not bad as it is a good way to make an enemy Ai to "surrender" by selling all the buildings if the player has destroyed most of the base, but as you have all the "MaxBuilding <building>" value set to 1, this means that this Ai will only consider having 1 of each buildings. This means that if you destroy 1 silo, it won't be rebuilded, same with the windtraps.

If the "EnablePractice" it's disable (set to "0"), the AI will rebuilding any structured destroyed (if it has the money), but if you want the same behaviour using a Practice one, you need to check that "MaxBuilding" part of the AI and place the amount of structures you have. For example, the Harkonnen aI has 7 windtraps, then write a 7 on the "Windtrap" subection; Ai will rebuild any of them destroyed (if you place a bigger value, the Ai will expand the base until reaching that quota).

Mission 3: I underestimate a bit this mission and almost paid for it, but I manage to survive enough for having that new ally.

For the Ais, with only 1 harvester per refinery (and onl1 ref) the AI will get a hard time filling the silos. Even the original game starts with the 2 harvesters per ref the moment the combat tank tech it's reached. This way the AI can even rebuild structures destroyed. Although I don't know if you simply don't know about this tecnical stuff or you just simply wanted your Ai to only make use of only 1 harvester per refinery.

Also just to point a behaviour on Ais having a starport: Although sometimes it happens a random, an AI only seems to use the starport when it hears the "Silos needed" (or under attack). Maybe your idea was just waiting until somebody attacks him to do an order, but if not, the Ai may need a second harvester available per ref just to be able to get enough money to use the starport from time to time.

Mission 4: Interesting map. Since the missions have the reinforcements part it's hard to know what to expect, but it is fine. It was never unfair and the player get's lots of stuff too. It is also interesting that for the people that don't want to wait the full time you left a nice victory condition that happens if the player got the lead.

Here you probably did a mistake withouth being aware of it. the "sandworm" side cannot have an active AI or the animal will be affected. a Sandworm (animal) with the Ai active will remain in a standing position on the map, eventually "shooting" to any enemy unit that goes around them. This "bullet" doesn't do damage at all, so it is nothing that can break the game or anything, but as the animal won't behave as usual (it won't eat units, even if you place a vehicle on top of him), you have the option to place the sandworm spawned into any piece of rock. For the players this mission will be simply withouth the animal wandering around and you will remove a invisible unit doing marks on the ground; again, nothing that impact the game, just for the visuals.

In case you really want the sandworm (animal) to roam and eat stuff, you need to alter any of the Ais used one way or another.

Also, the imperial have a Harkonnen Palace but won't use it due lack of tech required (7), while you Ai only has "6"; this is in the case you want to change this.

Mission 5: well, a classic "many vs many" that I like to call. similar to what most of the authors do (myself included) as a final battle. 

As other missions, the strength of the enemies are those reinforcements. Like with other missions, 2 refineries, only 2 harvester and them having so many silos they won't get them full and not using the starport (as they like to use it 100% sure if the "silos needed" voice it is said for them).

There is also a bug that I think it is unknown. I've working on mods for years and it is something recent: If an Ai with a starport gets low in money as it happened on my run with the smugglers (but could happen with the mercs as well) is that the starport for that Ai gets bugged and go greay. This mean that from that point that Ai won't do orders anymore, even if they had 20.000 credits. I don't know why it happens but it happens. 

You can either increase the amount of harvesters and refs of these Ais (2 refs and 2 harvesters per ref it is a safe value, is still can happen if there are too many battles, but it is enough good start), or you can script a delivery, same as with the reinforcements but with the "starport delivery" event. The units will be given on a frigate and that will make the starport having units available again, in case the bug happened (combined with a % loop it is not a bad solution).

Also, there is a limit of 30 blooms; you are probably using a very old version of the editor, because the most recents ones warns you that you cannot use 30 blooms (the spice explosion thing) yet you have 41 on this map. What will happen on the game it's that the 11 blooms at the botton don't appear in the game, it is like if they don't ever exist.

So at the end, I enjoy it; I can see that you seems pretty new as every Ai in the game has the same AI values. I made several Ais to use as templates that can give you more diversity if you want to use them. An Ai defensive (similar to yours) with low prodution of units and high guarding, or a more aggresive one that builds faster but doesn't defend himself too much. Also something in the middle and, if that doesn't appeal to you, I also uploaded the vanilla Ais used in the game (only the mission 9, as they are the most interesting and also bring some diversity).

I hope in the future you plan to do more missions and to make use of the mission launcher instead the old "overwritting" missions. Let me show you.

This is the mission Launcher; it has visible 3 campaigns there, but there are more. So I can play any campaign I want anytime I want, I don't need to loose the original game or to do copies just to play multiple missions from multiple authors.

image.thumb.png.f92c0b770be27d3430d9a43ec06617c8.png

Yours could be part of this, is something easy to do, it only takes more efford downloading the launcher and having into the correct folder on your game that preparing your missions to work with the mission launcher.

I even did it for your missions here:

image.thumb.png.d40b4495919620399c00fd9a3c9c0280.png

Because I wanted to play them; I did it in only a few minutes and that "naming" was just based on the briefing given on your first post, which I also copy paste into the mission launching itself like this:

image.thumb.png.37f599a3fb9e82dc9a57f012982f4253.png

This way, I could read what to do on every mission without returning to this post.

So yeah, if you want anything of this and need help we can help you. I did all of this in a few minutes and didn't really put though on it. Briefings can be more extensive like saying "objetive: destroy this or that" or any style of writting you want. 

So if needed any help, with this mission launcher stuff or creating more new missions for this or other factions, you can ask and we will try to help as much as we can. Of course, you are free to keep the missions using the old naming and overwritting if you prefer and only want to do new missions.

Edited by Cm_blast

On 12/21/2020 at 3:58 AM, Cm_blast said:

I will write this in spoilers so it doesn't take too much room and to allow people who wants to play it to not know stuff from the game from me.

Reveal hidden contents

Mission 1 not much to say, a simple concept and probably sending all the units would give me victory but also risking my own stuff.
I find interesting how the allies also drop stuff not just near the player area, but near the enemy, so your ally behave as the enemy does in this game: by dropping units near the base.

Mission 2: well, the mission itself it's not hard as you get help; also the enemy strengh comes from reinforcements as those Ai are very weak. Maybe it was inteded, but as at least you know to give the player the harvester remplacement in case you lost all, you may want to give to the enemy Ais one as well, because having only 1 refinery and only 1 harvester it is unlikely that they will get the silos full and, withouth remplacements, once an AI lost the only 1 harv (killed or eat by a sandworm) that Ai it's left to whatever only reinforcements you give to it. Unless, again, this was your intended purpose.

I lost 1 harv (dunno how) when the first enemy was destroyed and I still manage to do well against the other.

Now, you may don't know this, but you are using a "practice" kind of AI. This is not bad as it is a good way to make an enemy Ai to "surrender" by selling all the buildings if the player has destroyed most of the base, but as you have all the "MaxBuilding <building>" value set to 1, this means that this Ai will only consider having 1 of each buildings. This means that if you destroy 1 silo, it won't be rebuilded, same with the windtraps.

If the "EnablePractice" it's disable (set to "0"), the AI will rebuilding any structured destroyed (if it has the money), but if you want the same behaviour using a Practice one, you need to check that "MaxBuilding" part of the AI and place the amount of structures you have. For example, the Harkonnen aI has 7 windtraps, then write a 7 on the "Windtrap" subection; Ai will rebuild any of them destroyed (if you place a bigger value, the Ai will expand the base until reaching that quota).

Mission 3: I underestimate a bit this mission and almost paid for it, but I manage to survive enough for having that new ally.

For the Ais, with only 1 harvester per refinery (and onl1 ref) the AI will get a hard time filling the silos. Even the original game starts with the 2 harvesters per ref the moment the combat tank tech it's reached. This way the AI can even rebuild structures destroyed. Although I don't know if you simply don't know about this tecnical stuff or you just simply wanted your Ai to only make use of only 1 harvester per refinery.

Also just to point a behaviour on Ais having a starport: Although sometimes it happens a random, an AI only seems to use the starport when it hears the "Silos needed" (or under attack). Maybe your idea was just waiting until somebody attacks him to do an order, but if not, the Ai may need a second harvester available per ref just to be able to get enough money to use the starport from time to time.

Mission 4: Interesting map. Since the missions have the reinforcements part it's hard to know what to expect, but it is fine. It was never unfair and the player get's lots of stuff too. It is also interesting that for the people that don't want to wait the full time you left a nice victory condition that happens if the player got the lead.

Here you probably did a mistake withouth being aware of it. the "sandworm" side cannot have an active AI or the animal will be affected. a Sandworm (animal) with the Ai active will remain in a standing position on the map, eventually "shooting" to any enemy unit that goes around them. This "bullet" doesn't do damage at all, so it is nothing that can break the game or anything, but as the animal won't behave as usual (it won't eat units, even if you place a vehicle on top of him), you have the option to place the sandworm spawned into any piece of rock. For the players this mission will be simply withouth the animal wandering around and you will remove a invisible unit doing marks on the ground; again, nothing that impact the game, just for the visuals.

In case you really want the sandworm (animal) to roam and eat stuff, you need to alter any of the Ais used one way or another.

Also, the imperial have a Harkonnen Palace but won't use it due lack of tech required (7), while you Ai only has "6"; this is in the case you want to change this.

Mission 5: well, a classic "many vs many" that I like to call. similar to what most of the authors do (myself included) as a final battle. 

As other missions, the strength of the enemies are those reinforcements. Like with other missions, 2 refineries, only 2 harvester and them having so many silos they won't get them full and not using the starport (as they like to use it 100% sure if the "silos needed" voice it is said for them).

There is also a bug that I think it is unknown. I've working on mods for years and it is something recent: If an Ai with a starport gets low in money as it happened on my run with the smugglers (but could happen with the mercs as well) is that the starport for that Ai gets bugged and go greay. This mean that from that point that Ai won't do orders anymore, even if they had 20.000 credits. I don't know why it happens but it happens. 

You can either increase the amount of harvesters and refs of these Ais (2 refs and 2 harvesters per ref it is a safe value, is still can happen if there are too many battles, but it is enough good start), or you can script a delivery, same as with the reinforcements but with the "starport delivery" event. The units will be given on a frigate and that will make the starport having units available again, in case the bug happened (combined with a % loop it is not a bad solution).

Also, there is a limit of 30 blooms; you are probably using a very old version of the editor, because the most recents ones warns you that you cannot use 30 blooms (the spice explosion thing) yet you have 41 on this map. What will happen on the game it's that the 11 blooms at the botton don't appear in the game, it is like if they don't ever exist.

So at the end, I enjoy it; I can see that you seems pretty new as every Ai in the game has the same AI values. I made several Ais to use as templates that can give you more diversity if you want to use them. An Ai defensive (similar to yours) with low prodution of units and high guarding, or a more aggresive one that builds faster but doesn't defend himself too much. Also something in the middle and, if that doesn't appeal to you, I also uploaded the vanilla Ais used in the game (only the mission 9, as they are the most interesting and also bring some diversity).

I hope in the future you plan to do more missions and to make use of the mission launcher instead the old "overwritting" missions. Let me show you.

This is the mission Launcher; it has visible 3 campaigns there, but there are more. So I can play any campaign I want anytime I want, I don't need to loose the original game or to do copies just to play multiple missions from multiple authors.

Yours could be part of this, is something easy to do, it only takes more efford downloading the launcher and having into the correct folder on your game that preparing your missions to work with the mission launcher.

Because I wanted to play them; I did it in only a few minutes and that "naming" was just based on the briefing given on your first post, which I also copy paste into the mission launching itself like this:

This way, I could read what to do on every mission without returning to this post.

So yeah, if you want anything of this and need help we can help you. I did all of this in a few minutes and didn't really put though on it. Briefings can be more extensive like saying "objetive: destroy this or that" or any style of writting you want. 

So if needed any help, with this mission launcher stuff or creating more new missions for this or other factions, you can ask and we will try to help as much as we can. Of course, you are free to keep the missions using the old naming and overwritting if you prefer and only want to do new missions.

I think next time I'll do the right thing, because I'm just starting to do my messis, I hope next time they'll do the right thing

Edited by Player

On 12/21/2020 at 3:58 AM, Cm_blast said:

Reveal hidden contents

And th bro

• 3 weeks later...

I added your missions into the index. I hope you don't mind.

If you were thinking on giving a proper name to this mini campaign I will glad to change it.

The index, in case you don't know what that's it:

It's just a big list with campaigns, tools and so on created by people.

Yours are as "new Fremen missions" as that'sthe title of this topic.
I can change it into any proper name, or remove it in case you don't want to be the there (or if you want to expand it a bit more before being there).