Railroad Tycoon question

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that's ancient!

What kind of computer can even run that old game these days? Even on my 486 I had to turn off "turbo" in order for it to run.

To answer your question (and this is from memory of about 20 years ago), the options can be fed to a DOS program on the command line, and a command line can be housed within a BAT file.

Wow, that's ancient!

I would say Sid Meiers games are timeless. From time to time I find it nice to play a round of Civilization, Colonization or Master of Orion or RRT again.

What kind of computer can even run that old game these days? Even on my 486 I had to turn off "turbo" in order for it to run.

I´m using D-fend Reloaded (a DOSBOX frontend) to run RRT and RRT deluxe on my PC. In that way I´m able to regulate the speed available to the game.

http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/

To answer your question (and this is from memory of about 20 years ago), the options can be fed to a DOS program on the command line, and a command line can be housed within a BAT file.

Mmmh, how would I do that when I don´t start the game with a .bat but from the dosboxfrontend?