Lets talk about Interesting and Uninteresting Kickstarters

soapdx

Lets talk about Interesting and Uninteresting Kickstarters

Regardless if you're for or against kickstarter, we can all admit there is some interesting and uninteresting projects.

Personally every so often I like to browse trough and see what is being proposed. I have never backed anything and will never back anything. But that's for another post.

I like to see how everything, from the goals, how the present the project to the art and ideas. But I can't deny some make me laugh for a reason or another.

For the first one I want to show you guy I thought it was interesting with the DUNE image.

"Phoenix Dawn and the Rise of the Witch"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/erictrowbridge/phoenix-dawn?ref=category

The video starts out and shows you .... nothing.. then the author talks and shows you more of nothing.

HOW did this think get backed is beyond me? All he shows looks like some desolate pixar animation stills, and camera moving around in empty desolate locations.

I get it that many of these projects are in Pre-Production or even Alpha. But I'm hardly sold at the first video.

One more before the end, this one falls into pathetic attempt category.

"Zombie: The Rising"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1621653060/zombie-the-rising?ref=category

This one the author literally quits while posting, but still post.

"my greatest challenges in this project is the animation, but i am not gonna stop just because of that."

And his page shows - NOTHING. I could forgive Dr. House as a intro image if he had his own art ...

Lets talk about Kickstarters!!!