Map - 7 RRs to Chicago

Gwizz

This map uses a number of IA railroads that will start-up.   Hill has been buying and building around Chicago. 

Part of Hill's trackage has been running for a few years before Hill took control. 

A number of small RRs have banded together to protect their right of ways.

But, as you know from history Hill normally got his way.

You can be Hill and take over his railroad.  Or take the challenge of owning the AI railroads to challenge Hill for a difficult win.

Hill's railroad is now worth just over 20 million.  

You will need to own a railroad worth 40 million for Silver.

And, one that is worth 80 million for a gold win.

This is a five year map.

I tried to build a Hump yard near Chicago but it took away more than it gave to the game.  I left the hump yard in place.

7 major RRs to Chicago.zip

Fascinating map Gwizz. I bet you have spent some time testing this map set up, judging from the amount of track around the intersection. 

I like short games too, and this one is very special. But you give us too much money to start with, so I did some trick in the stock market and managed to get gold within 13 months.

I did notice the 12 month win fall of cash.  But, you still beat me for the gold win.  My best was 15 months.

I have a costly habit of fixing my mistakes during a game.  Example:  missing a station plant buy a cell or two and dozing and rebuilding the station.

On my last play through I missed planted a station by 10 or more cells.   I didn't use it, so It remained. 

I always pick the maximum number of IA railroads for the start-up.  They have always started within the first 12 months.  I have been caught a number of times by a margin call.   I can beat the margin call by selling half of my stock, turning stock into cash. I do lose control of all AI railroads.