Playing multi-player online w/editor maps

Jimatri99

What's the deal now? We can't play "homemade" maps online if we send them to someone?...What if they are downloaded from the download site?(that is this emperor map site)

Are there any generic host sites out there that would support westwood style games.? This just doesn't make sense to me.

There is no built in map sending program. We were told this was because people could include virus or other malicious files instead of actual maps. Also some people wouldn't want to wait for an entire map to download since they can get quite large.

But can we play those that are uploaded to Map archive at Fed? We just want to play 'em

It *should* work if you both have the same map directory just like Dune 2000. It sounds to me as though maybe your friend might have the wrong setup, have you personally checked to see if its right on his computer too?

Well no I'm on different sides of the state , but we both downloaded pillars and played the other nite no prob ...so i'm deleting my map on my end and going to try to download it from archive. we'll see what happens.

Well no I'm on different sides of the state , but we both downloaded pillars and played the other nite no prob ...so i'm deleting my map on my end and going to try to download it from archive. we'll see what happens.

;)Well went in and removed my copy of map then proceeded to download map from archive.It works online now.

Sent in no.2 still can't seem to use mappacker (the map doesn't show up) but zip works.Keep your eys open for "Southern Regions".Thanks for all your help! ;D