Which way to the coast?

spader

Hi to all,

I'm having difficulty in the scenario "Which way to the coast?"; I only get the silver medal.

I tried a lot of strategies, but all of then were not good enough to reach until 1938 the personal net worth of $10M required.

Do you guys have some tips to help me?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Classic Campaign scenario #15? I will assume on hard with passenger income boost, probably matters little.

Got silver? Advice to a noobie; try a little harder.

It has a simple PNW target. There are no other requirements so if you're losing you're probably trying to do some unnecessary things that are contra to your objective. Get your win, then you can replay to your heart's content. Don't bugger up your campaign scoresheet though.

PopTop seemed more concerned to make the original campaign scenarios very uncomplicated rather than actually requiring cross-country hauls or anything to make this scenario more interesting. Sometimes there is a non-campaign version that is a little more challenging.

This totally PNW map can be won in 4 years, and as I point out in my fewest trains thread, can also be done with no trains at all in any company while you chair it. Actually its a perfect a candidate for it.

Next post is a spoiler walkthrough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between games looking for a temporary diversion.

Still not getting it? Here's a 4-year spoiler walkthrough showing a few tricks.

(How to run a real business creating an imaginary railroad, lol.)

Get Oakes as manager if he's sitting there waiting.

Player sells shares and company issues shares and a bond. Temporarily invest in the AI's carefully.

Do some tree bulldosing on your trackbed to create some expenses.

This lowers share prices a bit since part of your track cost gets expensed instead of capitalized.

Single track, cheap bridges Adelaide to Sydney with customs houses and 2 strategically placed sand/water stations.

Then get rid of any high goodwill manager and even shop a bit if you like (expensed hiring fees lower share price a bit).

Run 2 full Prairies, the hill-climber with higher priority since it will take a good 2 years at best.

Upgrade one of the stations some more as cash allows, ie; large hotel and saloon in Adelaid.

Have both trains waiting at their destinations on Jan 1/1919 or later if they're not there yet.

Sell any AI shares and buy shares in your company, ideally you'll get about 50% of them.

Let one train come in to the partially upgraded station and stop it.

Use the cash to upgrade the other station.

Buy a few more of your company's shares. Don't go over about 60-70% in total.

Let 2nd train in, then complete upgrading the stations.

Micro your train consists and send them off.

Immediately double-track from a stone bridge to the east and a little to the west

Keep enough cash to upgrade to Mikados, and do that asap.

In mid-January of 1921, player buys up enough of any outstanding shares to get PNW up around $12M or so.

That should be enough to win at the end of the month (eom).

If you can't get these results you should at least be in a very good position to continue on.

Reload the autosave, don't buy up the shares, and play a little longer in a more regular manner.

A slightly increasing dividend payout will help stock prices, doing a better job than share buybacks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between games looking for a temporary diversion.

post-6362-0-48927600-1352673423_thumb.gi

post-6362-0-52796200-1352673444_thumb.gi

Thanks loco_motive!

It work out your strategy, I was doing everything wrong, starting from the mid and then expanding to the east.

Actually, despite playing this game for years, i'm complete noob in RT2.

Now, i'll try the gold in the scenario Croissants or Crumpets (1850-1890), which also got only the silver medal. If you have tricks for it, it would be nice!

Again, thanks a lot!

Regards,