Merged Chicago RR vs. 1.85 With demand map, Last uodate.

Gwizz

This is the final Chicago merge map. Some industry has been pre-planted. This will reduce the number of houses; although, when the game starts, more industry will appear that are not shown on the map.

Heavy trackage around Chicago was added to reduce traffic congestion in that area, which you may need to adjust and/or add to.

The win Goals are about the same. Except, Chicago RR now starts with less money. I was alway able to win double gold in 2 plus years out of the five alloted.

But I did a lot of micro management to work around the Chicago congestion. It should be easier now with the new trackage, although it took me right at 3 years to win double Gold on the last play through.

I did run fewer trains and shorter trains to gain higher value for cargo hauled. I left a lot of un-hauled cargo; Something I hadn't done before. I don't think that ploy works very well in the 1930s; as I made overall less money and

it took more time to pay off the debt for the final Double Gold Win.

Now for a break before starting a new map.

A friend has a program that shows all counties or townships for each state for each year as boundaries changed, from before the early 1800s to the present day. Might make for some interesting map events.

Merged Chicago w. Demands.zip

post-6628-0-26905400-1346014862_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

Tried to reach a Double Gold Win in under two years on the map above. When two years came. I owned all trackage and every railroad. Darn I was still $7.500 million in debt.

I wonder if I can get some of Obama's free stimulus money to pay off my debt. Oh, I forgot, I'm a citizen and next year $43 million of that $14 Trillion is my debt too. I'm going to be a bit short.