Emperor: Sands of Blood, Looking for People.

SanguineSoul

I am looking for someone to help share the load in making this mod go from a concept to a reality.

More or less, I am willing to open up a google documents account, and post the rules.ini there, so those involved are able to work on that, (along with the appropriate corresponding file that controls icons etc.)

Those interested, throw me a line as a private message, or toss me a IM.

Thanks.

Emperor: Sands of Blood

Foreword:

My goal in this mod, is to create a infantry based mod, that emphasizes unit tactics(to a degree), and expands greatly upon

house infantry units in Emperor: Battle for Dune, most if not all wars are not won by tanks, jets, bombers, or any vehicle of

any kind. In fact they are won by infantrymen. Therefore I see it fit that the battle for Arrakis is represented as such.

Note: I have not worked out a plan for subhouse units, and I am extremely open to ideas in regards to that.

Atredes:

Commando- Armed with a Sub-machinegun, and can sabotage buildings. Slow build rate, Superior vs infantry.

Force Recon- Basic Recon infantry, armed with a rifle.

Machinegunner- Deployable Heavy infantry, armed with a pistol and a Medium Machinegun.

sniper- Armed with a Anti-Materiel rifle, unarmed when moving. Rifle is instant kill vs infantry and weak to vehicles.

Mortar man- Armed with a pistol and a deployable 40mm mortar

Anti-Tank- Armed with advanced anti-tank missle launcher that has a slow rate of fire

Riflemen- Armed with the standard assault rifle, bread and butter of any force.

Elite Infantry- Armed with Pulse Rifles, and body armor, high build time. Excellent vs Infantry, Mediocre vs Vehicles

Ordos:

Assassin- Armed with a knife and pistol, superior vs infantry, stealthed. High Build time

Suicide Bomber- Armed with a suicide bomb, large blast radius. Causes Chaos? (if it can be figured out)

Riflemen- Armed with the standard assault rifle, bread and butter of any force.

Anti-Tank- Armoed with advanced anti-tank missile launcher that has a slow rate of fire

Chemical Weapons- Armed with a nerve gas sprayer, slow rate of fire but large area of effect.

Mortarman- Armed with a pistol and a deployable 40mm mortar

Machinegunner- Armed with a pistol and heavy machinegun

Harkonnen:

Mortarman- Armed with a pistol and a deployable 40mm mortar

Machinegunner- Armed with a pistol and heavy machinegun

Storm trooper- Armed with a autocannon and heavy armor. Good shock troops, cannot be supressed.

Rifleman- Armed with the standard assault rifle, bread and butter of any force

Anti-Tank- Armed with a advanced anti-tank missile launcher that has a slow rate of fire.

Flamethrower- Armed with a flamethrower, explodes when killed.

Berserker- Armed with a flame pistol, and Knife. Fast, no armor. High build time. Superior Vs. Infantry

Vehicles: (All sides will have these units, despite how they may look)

Armored personell carrier:

Carries 5, armed with a light machinegun

Infantry Fighting Vehicle:

Carries 5

Armed with a automatic Grenade launcher and shield.

Combat Vehicle

Armored Hover Vehicle. House weaponry differs

Atredeis: Sonic Pulse Gun- Fire Rapid sonic pulses, good vs infantry and vehicles.

Ordos: Pulse Laser- Fires rapid Laser pulses, good vs infantry and Vehicles.

Harkonnen: Cannon- Fires a high explosive round, good vs Infantry and vehicles.

Supply Vehicle: Deploys into a supply depot much like an MCV would. (this has to be figured out)

Game concepts:

Supply:

Each Infantry unit will have a limited ammount of ammo, thus forcing them to rely on supply depots (deployable building from

supply vehicles. A soldier will automatically retreat to the nearest supply depot. (Not sure if it could be implimented)

Medics: Infantry that heals other infantry, implementation is possible, however then vehicles are unrepairable.. Hm.

Garrison:

Like any army, you would need a garrison to protect your base, and therefore there will be no buildable base

defenses.

Light Vehicles:

Infantry tactics often surround the use of an apc or Infantry fighting vehicle. While better than infantry and more

durable, they will lack many things that the infantry has, such as the ability to hide in cover, etc.

Crush: Most of the vehicles cannot crush infantry, as they are either skimmers, or simply too small to do so.