Resource.cfg (running the game from the HDD)

OutOfTimer

Before I start, I'd like to make it completely clear that I'm a hardcore Dune fan and Emperor: Battle for Dune is one of my all time favourite games. If anyone has any doubts that I own an original copy of the game, I will post a photo of me holding the discs.

I currently run the game using MagicDisc, which is a small virtual disc drive program. It's obviously a lot more convenient than having to change the disc each time I want to play, but Emperor is the only remaining game that I have to run like this, so I would rather have it work without it. Unfortunately, GOG.com didn't make the Dune games available yet, so I'm out of luck.

I tried running the game with the NoCD patch but I have no idea how the Resource.cfg file should look like and it's not available anywhere online. I could really use your help with this, so I can run the game in a much more convenient way. That is to say, having the movies and all speech files working is a priority for me, so if this method doesn't allow it, I'd rather stick with changing the disc than miss out on any game content.

Two relevant links you might be interested in:

http://fileforums.co...ead.php?t=74244

http://forum.dune2k....de-by-kindjal86

I'm posting my Resource.cfg below (you can edit it with NotePad). Unfortunately, changing values to "C:" doesn't do anything. There are no movies despite the fact I copied all the content to my HDD.

MODEL_DATA
datamodel
AI_DATA
dataai
AI_SCRIPTS_DATA
dataaiscripts
UIDATA
dataui
AUDIO
dataaudio
3DDATA
data3ddata