Wanted: RT2 - Gold Edition Mac CD-ROM

T-1000

Hi all of you fellow RT2:ers! :-)

Although I thought there would probably still be some guys playing this excellent game I didn't think there would be a messageboard for it! Interesting to find this modification attempts that dig quite deep. Does anyone know if it is the same code in the Macintosh version of the game? It seems that most of the data is contained in the file rt2.PK2 as the application itself is around 1.5 MB. I would love to add some custom locomotives if possible, but I guess it is not.

What brought me here is the lost of my original CD-ROM (and the duplicate of it). Because I lost it, I can't play the game anymore, which is a shame. I had a (in Europe) quite rare RT2 Gold Edition for Mac (I think this was only sold in USA originally). I'm now in search for a new copy of the disc.

Thanks!

Svante, Sweden

If you're buying a disk, then you should probably go for Platinum anyway. I believe it incorporates all of Gold and fixes a couple problems. You can then download the last patch (or even the mods I am making, which are based on the last platinum patch).

You can probably still find RRT2-Platinum for sale on EBay for about $10 + shipping, but I don't know anything about native Mac versions. If scarce, you might need to consider PC (Win-98) emulation.