Invisible Bridge

There's a bug in the game that allows a station to be built next to a river, placing its 3rd track segment ON the river. If you later build across the river, you pay for a bridge, and you can run a train on the bridge, but the graphic can't be rendered.

Here's a snapshot of a train running across open sand and water with no bridge beneath it. Notice how the AI company's darker track extends into the Niagara river.

Just when you thought you'd seen it all...

Edit: The forum move somehow inflated this image from 141k to 1.3 Meg, destroying my quota. The move also disabled attachments in this forum, so I can't replace it. Therefore, I am permanently deleting it (sorry). I can upload it in the map forum by request.

There's a bug in the game that allows a station to be built next to a river, placing its 3rd track segment ON the river. If you later build across the river, you pay for a bridge, and you can run a train on the bridge, but the graphic can't be rendered.

Here's a snapshot of a train running across open sand and water with no bridge beneath it. Notice how the AI company's darker track extends into the Niagara river.

Just when you thought you'd seen it all...

Update: After crossing the bridge and delivering its cargo to Buffalo, the train in the picture was unable to find a route back to Detroit. Apparently it's a one-way bridge  :(

Fortunately, I had a save of the game from earlier in the same month.  8)

Did your train report "no route to next stop", or did it just freeze? I had a recent game in which a computer company's track had been broken by an event. Its train was still trying to go to a station that didn't exist anymore. Even though it couldn't move, it had priority on its own track. My trains could move the opposite direction, but I couldn't run it over in the direction it was failing to move.