Game crashing

Gwizz

For a few weeks, I was having an occasional problem with my games crashing to the desk top after running the map for a while.  I had shut off all programs that run occasionally.  Unable to discover what was causing the problem, I took my gaming computer off line and started eliminating programs.  The computer was stripped bare.

This old computer was running IE 6.  I removed it and installed IE 5.5.  Problem solved, so I thought.

It seemed that, when I was sending programs to the recycle Bin, one of them was attached to only the folders in the RRT2 folder.  The files not in a folder were still in place.

Oh No, The two maps I was working on were gone.  These folders were not in the Recycle Bin. 

I looked at the files in the history folder and doing a go back that locked up, all without any luck.

AHHH, when looking further, among the many maps and games I had previously deleted to the Recycle Bin, I found all the maps and games from the missing folders.

Now, what caused only the folders to be stripped from the RT2 folder, yet still save what was in these missing folders, to the recycle Bin? 

I had installed the IE 5.5 in a separate folder before deleting the IE 6.0. folder.  Or,  maybe it was one the virus or firewall programs I deleted, that grabbed these folders.

I have now put the important maps on a USB thumb drive.      Crashes seem to be gone.