Traction

jeffryfisher

I believe increased traction improves loco start up speed.  It may also increase hill climbing speed.

Goodwill:  Territory access prices reduce as goodwill increases.

Not 100% sure how these two things may affect other things.

I believe increased traction improves loco start up speed.  It may also increase hill climbing speed.

Since there's another factor called acceleration, I expect that traction has something to do with handling weight on hills. I just don't know how important it is, or how realistic it is to change it. I'm trying to devise a "track improvements" event to reflect the re-grading and re-alignment (wider radius and banked turns etc) that many companies made around 1900, at least to "main line" tracks.

Goodwill:  Territory access prices reduce as good will increases.

I was hoping that goodwill had something to do with loads appearing, but I suppose that is just a function of passenger & freight production. I wonder why goodwill is tracked in territories where a railroad already operates (and why goodwill seams to depend on service there) if its effect is on rights purchases outside.

Anyway, I am trying to design an "advertising" event (choice) to spend money to boost business in soft economic times. I'll think of something.