The RRT2 flood

Gwizz

Question:

I have used the flood event to enlarge the ocean by flooding the land.  But never to make a lake.

This lake is man made.  It starts with a river,  I dam is simulated to have been built using cement hauls.

First flood event, the lake is filled half way, So the turbines can start producing power.

The flood event should turn the inner territory which is the lowest territory on the lake bed, into a small lake of about 75 cells.  The inner lake bed territory is lower than the outer lake bed territory.

The dam is finished and a second flood event should finish filling the lake in the the outer territory of the lake bed.

The right side effect for this event says increase by one level of water.  What is one level of water = to?????

The left slider on this same effect says set to trigger height.  How do you figure the trigger height of the water????

I received two cells of water where land actually turned into a lake.  about 1/150 of the intended size of the lake.

I changed the Right side effect to 3 levels of water.  I placed one cell of ocean at each level to give the flood a level to work off of.  I ran the map and at the end of the year, when I open the status report the map crashes.

Was it the two ocean cells that crashed the map or did I loop the CPU in some way.

Anyone understand how this event works.  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-[ :'(

Well heck.  I got phase 2 lake filling, to fire in the territory where  phase 1 lake filling, was suppose to fire.  The dialogs were numbered so I know they fired in order. 

I had built the lake as an ocean for each territory.  Then I returned the water to lake bottom.

Phase 1 flood didn't fire at all.  If I  sequenced them correctly each event is the same as the other, except for date, territory ID and a variable to control the sequence.  The random in Phase 1 may have block this #1 event.

I think I'll take it out of the event and see if that makes a differences.

This progressive lake filling  plan is a pain to program.

Well it quit raining so back to working outside. 

I finally got phase 1 to make the first fill of the lake correctly and adjusted phase 2 to work correctly for the 2nd fill.

I don't think I will try to add the final or 3rd fill.  I afraid that the water will spill over the top of the dams.  ;D

I still don't know how the (trigger) works to create a flood or fill a lake.  But by changing the lake bed territory to water and then back to land seemed to locate the spot where the fillings would start.  The fist fill was level 2 and the 2nd filling used level 6 to work correctly.  If I do a 3rd filling I will try to use levels 9 through 12.   

I planted the forest up high and some mixed brush and trees down low. 

Now for the first play through.  I think all events are working.

I also want to try the wait for cargo with no consist behind an AI train.  Doing this should clean the first AI station of cargo.  When the AI train returns I think the AI train should change the consist to what cargo is available without any micro-management.  It might even work for my own RR if I chose to resigned my chairmanship for a short time.