TSC campagin 4, Austria

nod2003

I can't  be of much help since I don't remember how I played this map and I seldom play for a win.

But, If no one replies to your post today, I will try the map again and give you a report for what it is worth.

PS:  As a general rule, Don't try to haul everything or satisfy all cargo demands.  The higher the demand the better the pay so let demand build, since running a train has static expenses that don't change much.  Longer hauls pay better as well, but only as the crow flies. Circling a route may pay less.  Sometimes, depending upon the win goals, I may refuse to haul low value cargo unless they are needed for producing a higher value needed cargo.  Some players delay starting and running the RR until bonds are more available.  Another method of making money is to invest in industries quickly and serve these industries heavily with their demand cargoes.  Don't build unnecessary track.  Don't double track until it is needed, Don't buy too many locomotives until needed.  Etc.  Etc.  There may be exceptions to all of these rules.

I have been beating my head against the wall over and over on this one.  The main obstacle is how to haul 2,000 loads of cargo in only 20 years.

I haven't played this particular map myself, so I can't be very specific but...

If counting loads becomes more important than maximizing profit, then go into as much debt as you can to expand as early as you can to serve every industry within reach. Build track and stations rather than concentrating on and investing in the most profitable ones.

Except for a few high-profit runs that fund everything else, haul as short as you can rather than criss-crossing the map to make loads worth more. However, don't force-sell at stations that don't demand a cargo... I don't think you get credit for delivery on forced sales.

Finally, don't let cargo rot while waiting for demand to improve. Make every freight conversion you can manage and then haul the output, preferably to somewhere that minimizes deadheading when going for more raw materials.

If you do all of these things, you should maximize your load count. However, you may run into money trouble