RRT2 Versions?

I'm a RRT3 player but have become intrigued by the load management ability I've read about in RRT2 (as opposed to the auto management of RRT3).

I'm looking to get RRT2 and I see several versions - original, gold, platinum, T2C, etc. Which is the latest version? Are the later versions upgrades that require the original version?

The first version of RRT2 didn't include Drop-shipping

The TSC version gave a number of new benefits and fixed some things.

The gold version mainly added maps.

There was some tweaks made to this version. 

The Platinum version used a lot of player made maps. 

Because it didn't offer much over Gold, I never bought it.

I don't remember all the details.  Hopefully others can add more.

I believe all editions were complete games playable off the one disc. The original game was one version, TSC a different version (with extras programmed in), and each had its own series of patches. Gold, platinum were editions (same version, later patch levels) of the TSC version with supplementary goodies (maps). If you find a copy of TSC then everything else to make up Platinum can be downloaded from here. Isn't that right Gwizz? ... regards, Richard

I'm not sure about the earlier versions but, Gold and Platinum are virtually identical. Only exception are the added player maps, scroll wheel fix, and the screen pan issue.

So, if a Gold version can only be found, buy it. It can be easily updated to Platinum. (I've done it.)

http://theterminal.dune2k.com/forum/index.php?topic=942.0

;D