Repairs, Solutions, Improvements and This, That and the Other.

Gwizz

I've been working on 5 events that check for track cells in other territories.

Each event is for one of five railroads.

But I can't make them work.  ???

I have five countries that can charter my railroad.

If I build track into another foreign country, these events will check all country territories, other than it's own country territories, for my track cells.

What I have done is set up a boundry territory around all of each countries territories.

Should I build track arcoss this boundry territory into a foreign territory, it will once each year start the event testing. This works.

(Companyterritorytrackcells) is the trigger that uses the different IDs of the boundry territories typed into the event.

Each test is agaist all foreign territories listed in the trigger.

The test first uses a Companyvariable to identify the country that charted the railroad and uese (territoryID=x) to test 10 to 12 territorys looking for my track cells.

What should happen is the violation of building track in a forbidden territory should fire the event.

But the events fire without there being a violation.

I've tried using (and) (or) & (+) between the territoryID=X triggers.

The event only triggers once since I enclosed all territoryIDs between 2 parantheis and added <=1 outside of the 2 Parantheis.

But I can't figure out what is triggering the event when none of the Triggers should fire. 

Unless the AI railroads are causing the trigger to fire.  ???  ???  ???  ???  ???    That might be the problem.  >:(

• 11 months later...

Is there some way (or workaround or trick) to set a variable (game, company, user or what) to 0, as a result of an event firing? There appears to be no such option in the editor; in the place where the value 0 would be (eg in the middle of the slider) you see a dashed line, which means no effect. Also checked the ends of the slider, but there's no such option there either.