What is a Trillion dollars

I heard that if you used a train and loaded 30 tons of one dollar bills in each box car until a Trillion dollars were used, the train would be between 400 and 500 miles long.  I guess it would depend upon the length of each box car.  That is hard to believe.   :-\

I heard that if you spent one million dollars every day it would take about 3000 Years to spend one Trillion dollars.    Now that is really hard to believe.   :O

I heard that Obama has spent more than a Trillion dollars in less than a month.  I believe that.   :-[

I heard that a man can carry a million dollars using 100 bills.  I can believe that.   ;)

I heard a comment that Obama's wife acts like she won a Trillion dollar lottery.  That could be true.   ???

I capitalized Trillion since it has a value that is more than many countries on our planet are worth.

I didn't check these comments out for fear that they might all be true.

Except for the comment about Mrs. Obama, all of these are true.  Mr. Obama certainly acts like he has, playing with his new toys called Air Force One and Marine One, while screaming at corporate executives who fly in cheapy little private jets that cost a fraction of what it costs to fly Air Force One.

I might question the ability of a man to carry 10,000 $100 bills.  Don't know what that would weigh, but the bulk alone might make it impossible.

What Does a Trillion Dollars Look Like?

Last week the Federal reserve decided to inject ANOTHER trillion to buy treasury bonds and mortgage securities. In another words they simply decided to print another trillion dollars. So I thought you would really enjoy this graphic illustration to help you put that number into perspective.

$100

Start with a simple $100 bill.

$10,000

A packet of $100 bills worth $10,000 is less than 1/2 inch thick.

$1,000,000

This little pile of cash can easily fit into any backpack and weighs just about 22 lbs.

$100,000,000

$100 million fits neatly on any standard pallet, weighing in at a little over one ton. (1.1 tons)

$1,000,000,000

$1 billion is ten pallets worth of cold, hard cash.  (11 tons)

$1,000,000,000,000

Finally, here