How to find out the exact day?

RobertA

If you mean by the hour to program a train schedule, The game doesn't use hours or minutes.

The closest you can get is by the day by using the slow clock (metro clock) in the editor under restrictions.

The normal default time as you know is by the month.

Thank you!

Until now I haven't worked with the editor.

But if I like to find out the exact difference (in days<sigh>) between

- a track making a 90deg bend within just 2 quarters and

- a track making two 45deg bends

I have to do this within the editor? Or loading a map and changing an option to slow clock (metro clock)?

I'm not sure what you are asking for.

If it is about the time it takes for a train to make a 90 degree curve or the time it takes to make two 45 degree curves then:

A train speeds up on straight track and slows for each curve.  A train will not slow as much for a 45 degree curve as it does for a 90 degree curve.  But, depending upon the distance between two 45 degree curves, I believe a train will be slowed more for it's total trip by having shorter straight sections on which to speed up upon.

I would make two routes in the editor, one with a 90 degree turn and one with two 45 degree turns, using the same number of track cells (of equal distance) and four stations.  Put a locomotive on each route and see which locomotive wins the race. 

It would also depend on the acceleration abilities of the engine. An engine with poor acceleration would be slowed down more on two 45 degree curves than one 90 due to having to accelerate twice.

Even an engine with good acceleration capabilities would be slowed more on two curves than one, I would think.