New video on Obama's citizenship. Also posted at Hawk's site

This story is starting to gain a little bit of traction.

http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/obama_birth_certificate/2008/10/24/143882.html

While the article is highly skeptical, it does indicate Obama could make the story go away by simply releasing his actual birth certificate, something he has declined to do.

Personally, I doubt there is any truth to this, although I have read that Obama's paternal grandmother, and several step-brothers and sisters, have stated he was born in Kenya.  Some of the other articles I have read have been willing to conceed he was born in Kenya, and the issue then hangs on the status of his mother.  How old was she, and was she legally married to his father (who was a polygymist, with polygamy not recognized in the US).  One of the best analyses I read indicated that if his parents were not legally married at the time of his birth, he is illegimate, and covered under very liberal laws which would make him eligible to run for the Senate and Presidency.  On the other hand, if his parents were legally married at the time of his birth, he is covered by a different, much more stringent standard, and is not eligible to serve as a Senator or President.  Obviously, Obama has no incentive to try to clear this up if any of the paperwork is questionable.

I don't see the federal suit going anywhere.  No federal judge is going to rule that Obama is ineligible to run for President, and in fact is breaking the law right now by being a Senator.  The state lawsuits, however, are potentially a different matter.  The Constitution leaves the matter of selection of Electors entirely to the states.  A state court could rule that Obama is ineligible to be elected, and then the State Attorney General could refuse to certify votes for him.  I could see that happening.  After all, it happens all the time now, as many third party candidates do not meet the requirements to get themselves listed in all 50 states.  If even two or three large states struck his name from the ballot (or refused to count votes for him because he is deemed ineligible to run), then the election would be over before it got started. 

With only a week and a half to go, nothing is going to happen about this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another Lawsuit has been filed, asking Obama to prove he is a American citizen.  This is something he has refused to do for the first judge.

I believe this is the third lawsuit.  I think they said this one was filled in California.  I don't think this problem is going away very soon for Obama.  It doesn't make sense that Kenya has sealed Obama birth records and Hawaii has sealed Obamas birth records unless he was born in both places.  ???  A relative said she was in the hospital at Obama's birth in Kenya.  Two other relatives said he was born in Hawaii but at two different hospitals at the same time.  Maybe there are three different Obamas.  ???  Or, maybe someone is lying.

Obama wasn't born in Hawaii or Kenya.

He was born at the 2004 Democratic National Convention when he gave that rousing speech.  That was four years ago.  That would make him about 4 years old, much too young to be president.

But that is about the best you are going to get out of him.  Throughout the entire campaign season that lasted forever and ever and ever any attempt to reveal anything about him prior to that speech was stonewalled by him and his campaign.

Another lawsuit concerning Obama's citizenship.

This one went directly to either the California State or the US supreme court.  They did not say which.

The whole Court will meet in December to discuss the case.

Since these supreme courts have more liberal members then Conservative members and they have gotten in the habit of making law instead of interpreting the law, it will be anyones guess what direction their decision will go.

• 3 months later...

I believe the reason he is fighting disclosing a US birth is because he was never born in the US.

When Obama became a Senator from Illinois, he received a Diplomatic Pass Port.  I guess his citizenship was never checked having come from Chicago.   Before that he traveled on an Indonesian Pass Port.

The President of Indonesia said he did Obama a favor by sealing his records and said he expects a favor in return.    Investigators are not allowed near his records in Indonesia and are return to the airport by armed guards.  Investigators in Hawaii say that not one of the hospitals have any records of Obama ever being born there. 

His aunt and two half sisters said they were there in Kenya at his birth.  They came to Obama's inauguration and Obama refused to let then attend any of the events.

Go Figure as my kids would say.