Setting Bonds

I'm modifying that excellent Great Northern map to replicate the building of the Union Pacific (and its branches).  One of the things I want to duplicate is the issuance of government bonds for completing sections of track between Omaha and Promotory Point.

There doesn't seem to be an event setting specific to issuing bonds.

I'm experimenting with two different methods:

1.  Increase the company cash by the bond amount (which isn't really accurate), and decrease the company credit rating, making it more difficult for the player to voluntarily issue a bond.

2.  Decrease the company cash by the bond amount (which definitely isn't really accurate), and increase the company credit rating, so the player can voluntarily issue a bond.

My current experiment is using method 1.  It's sort of working, but I'm not completely pleased with it.

If anyone knows a more elegant way to handle this situation, please let me know.

Thanks

I don't think there is any way of doing what you want to do more elegantly.

The problem is CompanyCash event is the only way of adding to the company's balance sheet.  You can take away from it by seizing territory where the company has assets.  I think you can forceably retire a train too.  These are a bit permanent, and not really what you are after. 

Perhaps as an alternative you could temporarily (ie for one month) increase the company's credit rating and improve the prime rate, so the player can issue some low yield bond if they want to.

Since you have a timeline to work with, I would use a choice event or two.

The event would say: do you want to accept a government bond for a set amount and length of time and interest.

If you choose yes the company gets a set amount of bond money and a trigger is set to fire the repayment. 

The repayment event will be set for a given date and at a set amount at a set interest rate.