Newbie Question...

I just found this sight and it's pretty cool.  Anyways, I was wanting to download some maps from this site, but I don't know how to get them into the game.  I don't know how to unzip them or whatever you do and I can't seem to find any info about it.

Basically, I want to know how to upload a map from here onto the game to play it.

Thanks.

James:

Most (all?) of the maps here are zipped.  Download the file to your computer, and save it to your desktop, so you can find it easily again for the next couple of steps.

Next, you need a program such as WinZip to unzip the file.  Just do a web search for WinZip and you should find a site that will allow you to download and then install it.

Next, unzip the map file.

Now, the next step depends on what version of the game you have.  Open up your "C" drive, go to the program files folder, and look for Rail Road Tycoon II or Rail Road Tycoon II - TSC.  Open up the folder, and you will see a "Map" folder.  Copy the unzipped map file into that folder.

RailRoad Tycoon II map files end with "Map."  Second Century map files end with "MP2."  Second Century will play either type file.  Railroad Tycoon II will only recognize the "Map" files.

Good luck, and have fun.

Some computers come with a program or the ability to unzip files.

If you have one of these, right click on the zipped map file and choose unzip or possibly just click open.

If it doesn't work then download Winzip.  They use to have a free version.  It still should be available.

There are other compression programs but most maps here are zipped with Winzip.