Map Request

Fitch

Hello all,

Been away from RT2 for way, way, way too long..........In fact I just finished installing and patching it, and swugn by here to grab my favorite maps and I got to thinkin, and finally decided to jump out and do what I've been wanting to do for a very long time.

I'm throwing out a request for a map, should be pretty straightforward.........I'd like a map of the State of Indiana......from somewhre around it's railroading heyday. I've always toyed with Midwest in the Editor, by changing ALL fo the City sizes in Indiana, plus adding a few historical Industries, and a few other towns. But Midwest is lacking on the Scale I want. I'm looking for just Indiana, with a few outside cities, Chicago of course, possibly Louisville, Cincinatti, and someway to get to St. Louis.............I want to buold the Monon, the Terre Haute and Indianapolis, and so on.......

I will be more then happy to contribute but I need someone who can lay the ground work for me.....i.e. Produce the actual map image and lay the cities out.

If nyone is interested please let me know and we can get started........

I would make one for you ; but, I have too many irons in the fire right now.

Why don't you take an Atlas as a reference and make the map yourself?

It not hard just a little time consuming.  I start with a blank map and rough in the land mass.  Then rough in the rivers.  Once the rivers are in place you can locate the states around the boundaries and the cities. 

Then look up a topo map of the state and rough in the elevations.

after that just do any fine tuning you want to do.  Few maps are exact.