Risk map

JamesOfJames

I'm working on a map based on Risk which is a Territory War, requiring you to haul war materiel between territories to keep them strong.  One of the problems I'm having is that even though the game starts after 1910, the Military Depots, Munitions, and Weapons plants don't seem to be producing their cargoes.  Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

Ah, RISK was alway one of my favourite games (except that whoever got Australia always won!). 

Now, I'm not sure if I follow you correctly becausue the Military Depot doesn't produce anything; it just sits there and pays you for certain incoming cargoes.  Weapons and Munitions plants DO produce as stated on the box, but require feeding with metal and rubber/chemicals.  Are you delivering them me and not getting a result?  Perhaps you aren't delivering enough?

I'm using all of these at the moment in a new scenario and find no problem.   

If these are pre-planted factories, you might check the dates to make sure of the year they start producing.  They won't ask for supply until they reach their start date.  I had to use passenger cars to haul troops on my civil War map. 

It is possible that some cargo will not show.  Simply send some demand cargo to the industry and see if it is accepted and if it produces something.

Also, I believe there is a limit that can be checked or evented. I forget. 

Just look at the lists and see what has been checked and then uncheck it to see of that makes a difference. 

Giltches are also common and they tend to stay with the map.  When I find one I try to figure out a way to use it.  I once had a produce farm under water.  if track was layed along the bank the game would crash.  I put up a sign, if you build track over this indian grave site you will pay greatly.  Or, something like that.

Let us know what you find.