New Map Alaska (RR in)Coal mine.

Gwizz

It is a bit slow here so I'm doing one more test on this old unpublished map before I post it.

This is a very small 1837 map using 5 cargos, small locomotives and slow time. (25 day map)           

Your job is: to build a RR into the mine now being worked by mules.  You will NOT find this operation very easy to complete, but doable. 

Across the river you will Haul Iron using a pre-existing RR, to one of two Machine shops that produce Goods for the mine.  These two Shops (Tool and die companies) are in two different towns where the miners live.  You will haul the miners from these towns to the river where they will cross by boat, then into the mines and back home again each day.  Miners are now working in the mine.   

You will deliver the equipment (goods) to the mines crossing the river by boat as well, then into the mine and coming back out you haul coal to the river port.

Save the game each time you start to tunnel in the mountain so you can back and try again.

If all goes well I will post the map tonight.

Well one status report doesn't like my math for figureing percent of double track built.

(companydoubletrackcells/companysingletrackcells)*100

Geeezzzzzzzzz  That should work.  20/100*100 = 20 %

I even tried converting to Companyvariable1.  I tested against the companies track.

I wonder if I need to test against the territories. That would be a pain sinmce there is more than one.

I will try again tomorrow.

Still struggling with percent math event.

I changed the formula which now violates the order of operation rule and the event now works, but gives wrong answers.  So I'll assume the boxes are check correctly.

I started with (doubletrack/singletrack)*100 = percent of double track built.  Didn't work.

I changed it to, which works:  (100*doubletrack)/singletrack = the wrong answer for percent.

Last night I changed it again:  100*(doubletrack/singletrack) = ?

Got late so I will test this later today. 

on the first complete play through of this map I lost in a big way. So I may adjust the win events.

This map has a twist that I haven't seen on another map so I want to finish it.

Well that didn't work.  I quess I will look for some other math work around the game engine will read.

I WONDER IF THIS IS SOME NEW MATH THE GAME IS LOOKING FOR.  ???

Maybe I could spread the math over two events.

Event 1,  Doubletrack/Singletrack --- Set gamevariable1 to trigger value

Event 2      Gamevariable1*100 = percent of doubletrack as a status event.

...and you say you prefer RT2's event editor over RT3's? You are a glutton for punishment Gwizz.  ::)

Just kidding. I'm always amazed at you expertise of the event writing in RT2. I guess RT3's event adding is for us 'Dummies'.  ;D

Kinda bored, just let my mmorpg subscription expire so am back looking at RRT2.

lol Hawk, just as funny as ever.

First of all, the calculations work in truncated integers, step by step, so you have to make sure you don't get an unwanted truncation to zero part way through your calculation. Second, if you really want % of double track, you should be dividing by total track, not single track, but maybe that's what you want.

So percent of double track would be:

100*CompanyDoubleTrackCells/CompanyTrackCells

Thanks Loco_motive.  I was hoping you would stop by and help me out of this hole.  I was using Single track and not total track as the divisor.  I thought it would at least give me an incorrecr number.  But the zero stumped me since the other track counters were working.  I guess my last clot caused me to forget what I couldn't remember anyway.  The doc said if I keep using what is left I may gain some back and not get dumber.  Makes a person really appreciate life and my spell checker, when I use it

I picked up a virus on the computer with RT2 installed.  My chipaway program told me I had a virus but that it was not protecting me.   With IE fighting with Zone alarm on this computer I went on the net with the other RT2 computer.  Big Mistake.  Using it on the net was not part of the original plan.  I forgot it had no virus protection running. 

Thought I had myself covered.  I had previously booted a 2nd harddrive copying the same OS and programs to this 2nd hard-drive. I had it stored on a shelf.  I install the second hard drive only to find out the Virus was also in my Bios.  The Bios is partly fixed but now I need to search the net for the rest of the setting so I can complete the fix.

Since Zone alarm and IP both just threw an error at me, I better quit. 

There will be a delay finishing the Alaska Mining Map.

I moved the harddrive from the RT2 machine and made it a slave to the newer machine.

Had Norton do a virus search on the drive.  No Viruses found.  Maybe chipaway thought what I was doing was virus like. Huh!  . :P  Maybe I'm the virus.  . >:(

Moved the Alaska map to the newer machine.  So I can finish the Alaska Mine Map thanks to Loco_motive's help on my math.  Will Fix the RT2 machine later.

Hawk, I don't think the RT3 editor is for dummies. It is just different, requiring less math. That is where I should be working.  .:-\   I do enjoy the math challange, necessary to excerise my grey matter.  I believe I use it or I do lose what is left. 

I'm looking at some new computers that will run my 3D programs so I can start the RT3 structure Modeling.  Desk Computers seem to take up less shelf in the stores with laptops the bigger seller. But, they are too hard to work on.  I may build my own desk top with a large case or modify a new machine.  The wife asks: "what do you need another computer for?" Humm!  . ::)  I need a bigger tractor too.  Maybe I will work a compomise.  . ;D

I know.  I found a tutorial on the bios from one of the sites you gave me and printed it out.  Figured I'd spend some time seeing if I can find a way to sharpen my tack enough to get my bios fixed on the 98 machine.  But after I test this map. 

The Alaska Map seems to be fixed and hopely testing will be done soon.

Question: has anyone ever lost a bios battery?  The clock on this machine doesn't keep good time losing both days and time. 

Nope. Never had a battery problem.

You can get a battery at this link for about $3.00  http://www.computergate.com/products/category.cfm?prodseq=J7

But before you replace your battery you might want to read about it at these three links.

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-11184-0.html?forumID=48&threadID=181846

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000239.htm

http://www.computerhope.com/btips/battery.htm

Oh I will. I'm letting it rest.  .:-\  I've been testing this 20 day Alaska Mine Map.  Had all the coal pockets located and connected by the 9th day.  Have a congestion problem to solve at the tunnel entrance.  On about the 12th day I qualified for a bronze.  With the connections done, I fired my track manager and hired a coal accountant. Have lots of coal to haul now. Still can't transport enough miners to keep the crews full. Hauling a lot of equipment to the mine. More than enough. The Mine owners have not paid me a visit in some time.  If I can only solve my congestion problem, Maybe I will have these two problems solved (Miner hauls and congestion) when and if they come.  I may hire back my Loco manager and expand my roundhouse of steeds to increase the hauls.  I finally have more money than I need to operate on. I was scratching for a while.  Possibly why all hauls were not completed as planned; but them I did feed the miners better than I should have.  They are getting fat and may not work as hard.  That food gave me some profit I needed.