New Map

Gwizz

I was working on this Civil War Map for RT2 just before beta testing started for RT3.

This is a historical map, even the locomotive factories are close to where they existed during the war. There are more locomotives at these plants for your use if you open the plants territory.  This is important since buying of new locomotives is not allowed or limited.

I was going to tie the General Hooker events into the Gold event.  But his record movements of troops by rail are hard to achieve but doable.  The troops have to cross a major river by boat,  So his events are still in place and do work for you to try, but if he (you) are unsuccessful these events will not keep you from winning Gold.   

This is a busy map. There are many Railroads but no merging, or buying of stocks or bonds.  It is a war time economy. I do not recommend you sell any of the stock you control unless you really need personal cash.  This stock give you control of 7 AI railroads which you may need to win Gold. 

Generally, your job is to supply the Union Army with supplies, Etc.  If you don't supply more cargo to the North than Southern Rail supplies to the South, the Union loses, although I don't remember if I tied in the Southern win event which is your loss event.  So Southern Rail may not know it won for the South.  But you will know you lost.

If anyone wants to connect these events to the win events, there are 4 blank events near the end of the event list for you to use.       

Civil_War_Map_for_RT2.zip

Made a few minor changes the the Civil War Map for RT2.

Typo on a date and some dialog wording changes.

A couple of changes on restrictions.

Otherwise the same as before.

Take some time to set up the loco routes on pause and set up AI drop shipping for the AIs you control.  While this is only a 3.5 year map, the time you spend at the start on pause will make a lot of differance for a gold win.  The cargo sent to a staging area by your Military RR is what counts for a win.  Cargo drop shipping by an AI RR does not count for or against you until it reaches a demand area.  If you deliver the cargo to a demand area you get credit.  All cargo delivered to a demand by any AI RR will count against you.

Hope those that play this map enjoy it as much as I did making and testing it.

Civil_War_Map_2_-_RT2.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I guess interest in this type of RT2 map is fading.

This Civil War Map is very challenging, especially the Hooker event for the gold win.  Although the hardest part is setting up the railroad part of the war.

The Civil War was the first war to make big use of the railroads. 

Without the help of the railroads, support for the North might have wained enough for there to be two countries today instead of one. 

If that had happened I wonder how history would have played out to the present time, possibly affecting the results of the World Wars.

I wanted to make this map for RT3; but I don't think this map can be made in RT3.