Avoiding full screen - XP2 issue?

I did have an Win 98 SE PC and could change the screen resolution in RRT II Platimnum to 1156 x 864 so I could keep RRT II open while I did other stuff - particularly useful if I wanted to record details of trains etc in Excel/Access while I am going - I'm into running a massive set up with lots of trains making money and expanding towns by providing them with passengers , food etc.  So setting up a consist and recording it on a database is useful so I can have a list of trains and their cargo and then run a query to see which cities don't have a particular resource/product or passengers etc coming to them.

Anyway now I have RRT II Platinum on an XP2 pro SP2 with a screen that displays 1280 x 1024 when I try to remove the X from the box saying Display Full Screen I get a message telling me to alter the resolution to 1156 x 864 - but I have done this already.  I think I have run the 1.56 patch that addresses the point about mouse movement in XP. 

Does anyone know why I can't get out of full screen?

• 6 months later...