Seattle Street Railway Ver. II w/ SS

Gwizz

This is not a large map so I will post it here.

Seattle Street Railway II  -  TSC version. 

To use map in an earlier version of RT2 just rename the .extension at the end of the maps name, to the map extensions for the early version.  You will only lose the TSC data.    I hope I remembered that correctly.

The 1st Excel Spread Sheet gives cargo types on this map, new prices for these cargos, Tips for playing the stock market on this map,  Etc.

The second Excel Spread Sheet gives the stations listed by Railroad with room to write in more station stops.

Now I will keep my fingers crossed that this uploads without a problem.

By the way I used an early version of Excel.  A newer version should convert to the new format.  If not let me know.

Seattle_Street_Railway_Ver._II.zip

Seattle_Street_Rw_Ver._II_Spread_sheet.zip

This routing might be interesting to some.

Intro:  I planned to run the Seattle RW and bought Sargo Alum.RR stock so I could use Sargo's Stock manager and bought stock control in the Milwaukee RR. The 2nd largest in milage. I removed the Milwaukee stations that were next to seattle Rw stations and connected Milwaukee track to the Seattle Rw stations. I also removed some milwaukee stations that were too small to be useful.  I then rerouted all Milwaukee trains with full loads from one of the remaining Milwaukee stations to one of the 5 connected Seattle stations. 2 of these Seattle Rw stations were small stations with no passenger demand. All passenger trains depoted at the small stations.  The freight trains depoted at the 3 big stations with industry demand. The Milwaukee trains carried no cars back to the milwaukee stations, not even a caboose.

The routing of interest:  The reason I choose the Milwaukee, it runs from Tacoma East and also North into Seattle next to the Seattle Rw.  Most important it is an Electric RR with new GG1s.  Going East, it crossed the smaller Newcasle coal RR at a 45 degree angle.  I built a small station at the crossing and programed a GG1 to haul only full loads from this empty station to one of the 3 Seattle stations.

Next I had the Alum RR fire the stock manager and I sold all of my Milwaukee stock.  I had the Alum RR hire back the stock manager and I bought control of the Seattle RR stock and Newcastle RR coal stock.

I again fired the stock manager and took control of the Newcasle coal RR.  I built 4 small cargo stations between the two main stations. The coal RR now had supply cargo with no place to go.  I sent trains, all on red flags, with some of this cargo to be dropped off at the Milwaukee empty station.  The Milwaukee GG1 then took this cargo to a Seattle Rw station.

Next I took control of the Seattle Rw and used Seattle trains to collect and disperse these cargos to a place of demand.

The amount of cargos that will show up at Seattle Rw will depend upon your routing skills.

Of course, I left a lot out; but enough for now.

NEWS UPDATE

There are reports of union activity around the Montlake bridge.

The Railroad union has it's office at Montlake and they are not happy that you may be taking control of the Seattle Street Railway. It has been said that the Montlake group is not above sabotage as a union activity.

Being the tycoon you are,  you should have no problem solving the problem.

End of report.