Looking for "best" map of the US and an Editing Guide

Bannon

Hello all --

My first post one this forum (sorry to report this is mostly a cross post from the one I just left at The Terminal  )

I'm looking for a good map of the US. I have the "coast to coast" map and I think there must be a better map. The terrain seems to be somewhat "layered" with large inclines leading up to plateau areas. Some of the shore lines along the Great Lakes are extremely steep. And it could use more minor cities in order to build branch lines (like Albany, NY and Flint, MI for example).

I've been poking around with it. I deleted all of the conditions except the historical ones and I have been interested in the challenge of making a Great Depression situation.

But, in general, what I want is a good "sand box" like map with no real conditions. I like to open the map up to 10 or so AI companies and build like crazy. Last company standing kind of thing.

Speaking of Depression scenarios... there was once a map called "Money, Money, Money". (I believe). I believe the author was Dutch. All the text was non-English. The scenario worked well until the great economic crash and then it seemed to get buggy. The map of the US was good at least from what I remember. Anyone have this map?

Also -- is there a guide to economic editing? I saw some stuff in the guts of the "coast to coast" scenario I did not understand. Something like "set economy to condition 1." I am assuming this is typical rise and fall of the economy.

Can anyone suggest a scenario based on the Depression or one that has a more detailed "realistic" ebb and flow?

Also -- I'm thinking about war time situations. Can you make a "war time" port exist for a couple of years and then go away?

Thanks, Bannon

--- updated this post with the other Q's I added at Hawkdawg's.  I have the feeling I'm talking to the same very small crowd anyway.  Viva RRT!