10 track into a 2 station hub

Gwizz

This is as close as I could get the 4 tracks in front of the two stations.

The double crossovers were tricky and required a lot of bulldozing.

I started by laying track with my RR.  Then I started another RR and built the 2nd track.

Put as much of the crossovers as I could then merged the 2nd RR and completed the crossovers.

Last I planted the stations. 

This is not an excercize to help earn a win unless the map was a haul only map and money was plentiful. [attachment archived by Gobalopper]

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't mention that this is a screen shot.  TGA file.

I used photo shop to display it.

You can open it with a media program.  Some media programs such as Windows Media Player may display it upside down.  But the tracks will still show.

I've since found it is a bunch easier to run a double track through the center of a city and them place a station with track on each side of the double track with a single track siding for each station.  Use one station for one direction of train travel and the other station for the other direction of travel.  I make each siding about two trains in length with the station near the end where a train re-enters the main line after leaving the station.

I tried your method of using small stations to anchor track locations and extending in both directions, it works well with different companies that you merge after construction. I also played around and found it is better is run the multiple track in the direction of the grid. When I try to run at an angle the snap become more of a problem.