New Map: Canada Bound!

JayEff

Most people think of Canada as beginning in 1867. It was of course an evolution. Take a look at the tumultuous years that led to Confederation and you will find:

- a free trade deal that could be on rocky ground

- a lumber dispute

- international cooperation to fight terrorism

- useless politicians spending most of our money on themselves and their friends

;)

Single Player only, 1836 to 1867

There are 6 annual haul missions, worth 1 point each, assigned either when you lay track in certain territories, or at certain dates. You will have 6 opportuniites to change the course of history (political missions), worth 1 point each.

BRONZE - Earn 30 haul, 1 political points.

SILVER - Earn 50 haul, 3 political points.

GOLD - Earn 70 haul, 5 political points.

SPECIAL CONDITIONS

- Disable news of economic change. Then you won't have to read those silly rags printed by the Family Compact. In the first 1/3 of the scenario, prior to Responsible Government when the cliques are in control, expect recession

• 3 months later...

I just posted Version 1.1

- Fixed Durham rewards

- Moved Boston to its proper place

- Moved Union Army Depot to Boston

- Fixed capture of St. Albans Raiders

- Fixed Fenian cargo count and added a month to the deadline

- Listed annual haul missions in the briefing

- Dialogs assigning political missions are now clearly labelled

- Increased grain in Upper Canada

- Increased wool in Rupert's Land

- Helped American AI by restoring U.S. passenger production, but eliminated the AI dole.

Couple of news flashes:

I used to think it was only possible to do one, but today on Normal I was able to complete both of the early political missions. There was a really good seeding for the Aroostook mission so I started there. Fredericton had both a lumber mill and a paper mill. I connected Fredericton and Aroostook and set one loco hauling logs and pulp to New Brunswick, and returned with paper to feed the courthouse in Aroostook. I put another station on the St. John River to pick up what was flowing by. There was no trouble making the Aroostook haul requirement.

When Durham arrived I accepted his mission and money and set up in Upper Canada. I spent 1838 trying to make money and get a good network. Then in 1839I made the speedy passenger haul.

So by the time of the 1842 Aroostook treaty, I already had two political missions in the bag, a few haul points, and was making good money.

+++++

The Fenian capture is still broken in v1.1, but I think I found the trouble. It looks like event #316 should test against companies (human), the same way that #316.1 does. As it is 316 never triggers, and that failure causes 316.1 to trigger.

It is easy to fix but I will wait a little to see if there are any other fixes needed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...