Questions

Gobalopper

Two questions have come across my mailbox and I need some help answering them. Check below for both and head on over to the messageboard to post your opinions on the questions.

I'm looking for the correct answer to this question. I have had a few conflicting responses from Veterans!

RRT2- If I have raw materials, say grain at station A and I want to ship it to station C, but I must drop of passengers as well from A to B first, I seem to be confused as to whether my grain makes it to C. In this situation sometimes B is demanding Grain and in others there is no demand in B for grain.

My question is, will my grain from A always be unloaded at B whether it is in demand there or not? Or can I skip unloading the grain at B because I want it to go to C?

Is this clear?

In other words, and to complete my existing info on this topic, can I selectively continue a shipment to a further station or will it always be unloaded at the 'next' station it hits. And does this depend on whether or not there is demand for this item at this 'next station'.

Some have told me that I must ship direct to the station I want to receive the goods end of story, and others have said that if I maintain the car count in question, it will automatically not unload at the next station and carry through to wear I really want it. Others, to confuse me further, have said that it depends on whether or not station B or the 'next station' is also demanding the item or in this case the grain in question. Some have said that there is a way to flag what will be dropped off and where while others say I must ship directly with no stops because the manual sais that every station in fact accepts every item even if not demanded but just for a lower price!!!

How's that for a long winded question. I've seen this question many times in the Forums, but I have not found anyone who is confident with their own answer.

-Mike Tessler

Imagine a chain of 3 stations, with overlapping consists. The two endpoints both have passengers and mail. Endpoint-A supplies iron, the mid-station supplies, and Endpoint-B has a steel mill.

Should I try to configure things so that cars get added and dropped at different locations according to supply and demand, or should I just put all the necessary cars on at once and run them all back and forth (meaning at times some cars will be empty).

Also, how would I make one consist for starting at A and going to B, then a different consist for the return trip (B to A)? Does this require buying two separate trains?

-Bill Isham