Kudos to Barney Frank

Wolf

For those of you following the hilarious ACORN controversy in the States, I just wanted to take a moment to say: well done, Barney Frank. And for those of you who don't know, Barney Frank is a fairly left-wing representative in the House, and he's one of the few at the forefront of the ACORN investigation. Wow. I never saw that coming, and, frankly, neither did ACORN--who is handling the entire crisis very, very poorly. Essentially, he's harshly criticizing one of the institutions that most reliably and fanatically supports his party. That doesn't happen, but should happen more when politicians and/or the groups that support them act reprehensibly. And vice versa. I think that's what we need more of to start pulling ourselves out of the moral and intellectual rut that both sides of the aisle in the US are stuck in.

From what I understand of the ACORN controversy, an organization that mostly does great work helping the poor and disadvantaged has allowed itself to be pulled into a political storm by sheer stupidity in the (mis)training of its volunteers.

Edit: For those who do not know what this is all about:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/23/lawsuit.acorn/