Dune Civ mod

nampigai

Just to let you all know I'm starting on a Dune mod for civ2, it will take some time as I'm about to move out and have alot of other things on my mind.

The mod will include:

the fremen

the Harkonnen

the smugglers

worms offcourse

it will be based on the years where Paul lived in exile with the fremen and you will have to conquer arrakis within a time frame. furthermore the Harkonnen will be aided by the emperors Sardaukars in the end.

If any one has any comments or anything feel free to let me know ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested :D. I tried it once myself. I had stolen the B.A.U. picture for the devastator, and inserted worms etc. But I abondened it. A Dune scenario for Civ II looks great to me. How is the progress? ;)

Yes the real Dune. Better that way :). I had some problems with the sandworms and not attacking the cities but only units on sand. I used rock surrounded with water (cliffs) and so the sandworms (barbarians) can't reach it. But still it gave some problems. Btw there is a nice sandworm picture in the library...

But what are the sides you can choose from, or is it only meant for to play as Atreides? But what are your enemies then?

Good luck ;)

where did you say there was a pic of a worm I found one but it's well not very good.

I'm gonna use the same thing with the worms, but I'm still thinking of a way.

the player will be Paul Muad'dib and have to fight the harks and smugglers there will be no contact to the harks, the rest is kinda surprise ;)

oh and thanks btw

Ahhh yes that one well I had another one but this is clearly much better I didn't remember it  ;) mostly I play ww2 scenarios or ancient history which I normally make my self but thanks anyway. I'm thinking of adding some tanks or trikes, but I haven't decided yet

Hmm maybe some artillery with missiles at it like the Harkonnen had on Dune when they were attacking the Atreides, as unit. But thanks to Emperor/Dune2000/DuneII there is lot of inspiration of units :D

yea, however I don't wan't any overlarge units like minos etc, I will make trikes and some tanks artellery and that's gonna be it, it will take some time though I've made four units till now I think I'll make the terrain soon so I don't have to think about that anymore, but I'm not looking forward to the rules.

I used to do the advances first, then the terrain, then the improvements/units/cities, and then tribes/effects/events and at last the scenario settings of the scenario itself. (cheatmenu) For now I'm working at a underwater scenario.

But I'm curious how yours will look. Too bad mine Dune -scenario (including with a WW III and WW IV)dissappeared in the command format c: when some virus took control over the harddisk :( :'(

yea that sucks, I just thought that the world could need a new dune mod to the best game in the world.

as for the rules I never made this kind of mod before where only the fremen can build fremen and vice versa, but I've seen that it's possible.

only the fremen can build fremen and vice versa?? You mean they can build fremen and others don't?

But you can give someone special units and advances. You must make some advances (like: Harkonnen special, Fremen special) and then you must give the 2 preq 'nil'. And then you must give the advance(s) to the ones who must have it. And then you change (one of ) then preq to 'no'. That should work. I'm sure. I've done it before ;)