Network Server

BStyles

There is a XCC, or something similar called, server, but every time I try to start a game on it, it fails. So I suggest that you use Hamachi to really play a Dune 2000 game. On this forum is a topic/post that explains how to use Hamachi, it is something with an older version and changing some settings in the Hamachi LAN options.

ok there is something not correct in that post - step 3 is wrong (it says client and u need protocol) so i will post all steps correctly in here

YOU MUST REMEMBER THAT Dune2000 ONLY WORKS ON HAMACHI VERSION 1.0.1.5, to download click on this link http://www.filehippo.com/download_hamachi/changelog/?2114

Hamachi Dune 2000 setup

Step 1

Open Network Connections and right click on the Hamachi Connection and go to Properties

Step 2

Go down to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click install

Step 3

Click on protocol and then click add and follow the instructions until you get to step 4

Step 4

now scroll down to NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocol and click Proterties

Step 5

Now in the Internal Network Number type 00000000 and in Frame Type Select Ethernet 802.2 and in the Network Number type 00000001 then click on OK.

All done you are now able to play Dune2k online using hamachi

Hope this helped out (i posted this coose i found out about step 3 problem myself and last night triing to help muis2004 and couldn't remember how i got the NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocol showing up - so this way i won't forget anymore)

:)Nice work Admiral, should be a pinned down topic what you wrote. Maybe add the loginname and password for Hamachi. Then we can ask if they pinned down this topic. Long nice game it was, congratulations and thanks for the help. 

No problem muis - i hope it won't work to well for shy -> she cicked my ass eanough long time ago.

No hehe i hope she can get on :)

BStyles -> when u get online on hamachi and u see someone else who want's to play u just both (or more) start up dune and hit the lan button and u will see each other in some kind of lobby (be sure to check on the Internal Network Number type is 00000000 otherwhise it won't work)

muis -> do i make a new topic then where is start with explain how to get on hamachi so they can pin that?

:)forgot something admiral. Give the topic a good name!!! Like ""playing dune2000 online via hamachi server"" And ask Gobalopper to make it the first topic on the list. Pinned down and lock it. So no one can give a raection, and the topic will be clean. Make a second topic for reactions for players and ask Gobalopper that he pinned that down also. Dont lock this topic so players can react. Make a sentence in the manual topic that says if people want to react they can do this on the second topic. Ask me for help.