VIDEO WORRIES!!!!

Hey guys... I need help with 2 things n i was hopin u could give me a nudge in the right direction

How can i change the resolution of either:

1)the install of Emperor Dune (which is 800x600)

2) the resolution of the game itself (without entering the game... perhaps a startup command)

Any files i could edit... oh it would be prefered if the install could also be changed beforehand... or atleast ran in a window... so i could see it... damned lcd monitors!

err sounds like u could be having a display card problem, or even the wrong monitor driver,if you cant use certain resolutions at default refresh rates (60hz?)

try right clicking the setup.exe file in the emp cd and go properties on it, next find the compatability tab, and force 640x480 resolution with the checkbox...

(you may have to copy the installation over to your hdd first)

there is a way to run the game in a window, i think you have to add -W to the command line..

eg "c:program fileswestwoodemperoremperor.exe -w"

but really most lcd screens should at least be able to do 1280x1024 by now?

id look into your video/display/3dcard drivers and update them if your having issues at this stage.. as its likely the the game will not perform to your liking if somethings amiss..

also try set a default/plug and play driver on your monitor if you cant find the 'real' driver

hope that helps a lil good luck ;)