need help opening an ISO file

• 2 months later...

I need help...... i have a emperor: battle for dune corrupted CD which has two files that are corrupted. now i copied the corrupted cd to my drive so i can replace the files with the good working ones. After i do that and try to run it from the hard disk it says please insert cd into cd rom, i also have and mds(cd image) of the corrupted cd. Now how do i get it onto another cd with the good files. or if anyone could kindly send me the iso of the installation disk( but another problem is that my download speed id extremely slow.

open Explorer.

Copy the content of the cdrom to a temp-folder on your harddisk.

Replace the damaged files with correct files.

start nero

drag and drop the content of the temp-folder to the nero program where you can select the files to be written to cd/dvd. (dont copy the temp-folder along with it.. only its content.)

burn.

done.

Have phun.

PS. if this does not work, burn the image back to a cd using Nero..

hmz.. this is actually more easy than my first part of this post...

hey phoenix thanks 4 replying but already did that, when i run the installation it says please insert the correct cdrom. but if i make an image of the original cd it will still carry the corrupted files. thats y if i can open an cd image and copy and paste the files then VOILA, i'll be playing my best game again(EBFD) but unfortunatly i need help since i'm new to this.

Do you have an image with the correct files??

than you just mount it into deamon tools..

your system sees it as an additional cdrom player, and wont start to cry about inserting the correct cdrom.. (i hope...)

;D Its ok i solved my problem myself, this is how i made it work. First i copied the original cd to hard drive and replaced the corrupted files and then copied it to a re-writable(sometimes record only cds may give writing errors and stop writing, so its better to use a re-writable). I then inserted the orginal and let it install till it said cannot read from I00_F04E.BIK. After that i took out the original and put the re-writable in and it did not say insert correct CD-ROM and continued reading the files. IN THE END I WAS PLAYING EBFD, anyways thanks for the help. 8)