unable to download anything from Fed2k downloads

Hello everyone, i am having a problem downloading anything from the Fed2k downloads.

I have only recently got the Emperor battle for Dune game via ebay and having enjoyed the game i searched the internet and found this site.However whatever i try to download keeps saying- The compressed (zipped)folder is invalid or corrupted. Is there something i havent done before hand?

Thank you for your time.Regards FQAC-a Newbie!

Which files exactly are you trying to download?

I just tried 1.09 emperor patch and a random map, both seem to be downloading fine.

You get this error while trying to download it? Or after you have downloaded it and trying to uncompress it to emperor folder?

Running emperor patch didn't give me an error.

Hmm, maybe it is your download manager that corrupts them?

I just downloaded shai-hulud mod using default firefox download manager, and no errors.

The corrupt zip message comes up when the file is done downloading? does that mean that it doesn't complete the download (it doesn't show up where your downloads normally go?) Or is this error come up when you try to open the zip (maybe you have it set to "open" the file, which means it downloads it and then immediately open it, try just downloading it without trying to open it (save as, not open, or run when popup appears when trying to downlaod it))