Shai Hulud Map Editor Problem

Hi I am new on this forum..

I have just downloaded and installed the Shai Hulud Editor. It installs fine but when I try to load or make a new map, everything is grey with stribes, like a bad TV signal. I have tried all the Color Ordering choices but none of them shows the same as the target... Only this black/grey thing... What is wrong and how do I fix it?

Please someone help.. Thanks..

• 3 weeks later...

I remember having this problem a long time ago. It was only later that I stumbled upon a possible solution, but I never tried it.

Here it is:

Lots of people have been reporting this error. I thought I had put a message regarding this in the FAQ, but apparently not. The bug occurs when you attempt to extract the tilesets. If you do not have Windows set to EXACTLY 24-bit colour, the extracted tilesets will be corrupt, and you will get strange colours and/or grey lines in the block browser and the editing window. I will be addressing this issue in the next version, which should be out _HOPEFULLY_ in the next month.

In the meantime, to fix this problem, download the pre-extracted tilesets from the SH2K website, and extract the zip file to your SH2KTilesets directory, overwriting any existing files.

This should allow you to use the program correctly.

If you have any problems, don't hesitate to email or ICQ me!

Samah