Any tips on playing Ordos in later stages?

nivlac5thage

Fellow spice mongers, I am in need of any good ideas as to how to survive when playing Ordos against Atreides and Harkonnen in the later missions. Not having any airborne missiles to play with seems to be a little bit of a disadvantage. I have finally staged a successful campaign by breaking through the defenses with my Saboteurs {sp} and then taking over the Emperors palace. I love to take over one little building and then start building turrets. That at least gives me some time to plan my next move.

Any body else got any good ideas? I didn't realize that saboteurs could take over Devastators... cool. But it is an annoying weapon. You accidentally click too many times in the heat of battle and you toast your own men.

Thanks guys.

I managed to win by downloading the Aftermath MOD. The stealth devestators are good for surgical suicide strikes. Also in the confusion have your palace already built and take over enemy construction yard and sell it. You can now build their palace. Also if it was the atreides you can make their high tech factory and palace.

You need to actually CHEAT to finish the game? :) :) :) Just listen to the old master. :D

First of all, make good use of your Mercenaries! They get FREE reinforcements from their Starport. They will continuously tear away at the enemy defenses.

Second, use your Saboteurs! They are excellent for demolishing any building, including turrets. Since they're built so fast, Saboteurs can be even more devastating than the Death Hand if you use them properly.

Listen Emperor Edric O. I don't need to CHEAT to finish it, the mod only gives you a new unit, all houses have grenadiers, instead of stealth raider you have stealth devestator, you can order all special units in starport, build costs are lowered, build time is cut in half, the enemy gets all these advantages too. Trust me it used the deviator and stealth devestator on me when I was the Ordos