Error with Dune2K, "gGameTicker =0"

Guest ExTec

Guest ExTec

Hello all ;)

I get a strange error on Dune2K, happens only on Harkonnen and Atreidies missions, 8 and 9, missions before that have no problem.

Just when i'm about to enter the game, I return to windows, and get a requester titled: "SetTImageToResource". Actual text is: "Error [ gGameTicks = 0 ].

I can't understand why it happens to Harkonnen mission 8,9 and not to the lower once. I installed Dune2K after a long time, wnating to play it again. I discovered the error and have tried everything possible. I uninstalled it numerous times, tried with/without 1.06 patch, even tried installing clean, and using a trainer to skip to level 8 level by level. Same error.

I downloaded all savegames, just to find out not only Hark 8 and 9 are affected but also at least Atr. 9 (haven't check others.) I tried Ordos level 9 and it worked fine.

It will be something grafical/Directx related, my videocard is a Diamond Viper 770, TNT2 chipset, using reference 3.90.

Does anybody know what this is/how to fix it?

Thanks in advance ;)

ExTec

• 1 year later...