Windows domain/network login

You just want to change your computers name or want to join a domain with it ?

If you want to join a domain you need a Windows domain controler or SAMBA server.

Else you have no need for the domain name anyway. (check your installed services and clients on the network adapter for that)

Else just change the computers name, screeny is in Dutch although think you know where the option is. :)

[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

Thanks for the reply but I guess the problem was more complicated than I thought.  The computer connects to others at an office somehow, and I was trying to link it to other computers and printers at home. Supposedly the only way to fix it is to bring it in to that office to reconnect it, although I have a hard time believing that it could be so limited and primitive a system.  So never mind me, I just won't mess with that again.

sounds like you are not the administrator of both the computer and the domain you want it to join. ;-)

It's not that complex, just that you need the an domein account with the proper right to let computers join a domein, it's not a limitation or primitive thing in the OS. It's a security thing which only allows people with the right access levels do certain tasks. :)