xwiss support

muis2004

hi dune community, we need better communication with or new server host xwiss. A small group of duneplayers had frequently contact with Olaf from xwiss. As far as we get now, is that dune can be played on line again, but its hard to start up a game, you been kicked out for no reason etc etc. Thanks to Rotorz we managed it so far. He has given a lot of information to xwis. But we still got to improve a lot of things. So i talked to Olaf from xwiss and he is willing to help. What are the proplems sofar? Please react so we could solve them. So the first questions are !!

In what time xwiss is going to support problems about kicked of the lobby etc..etc. so we can play or game as usely.

will they support dune ladders?

will they support a downloading dune 2000?

I hope we get to a solution im a short time. We need positive answers!!   

We'll I agree with this and if Olaf asks me to make a web page for support for Dune 2000 I would happily do so. I'm kind of a novice but I still could create a pretty good website with forum. If you do want this Olaf (and i don't see why you wouldn't I wouldn't charge you a dime) feel free to private message me through Dune2k or email me at corylclark@msn.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, i think thats a good idea Ophirus. The last news is that there is a fix Rotorz made but we need to test it. But i didnt see him around anymore during the last weeks. So lets wait for that. In the mean while i made a concept for a topic. Please tell me to add or remove things from it because iam not a technician on computers. Here it is....

Welcome fighters of Dune.

We (Rotorz, Olaf from Xwis, Ophirus, Muis2004 and others) are trying to improve the game play of dune2000 on line. The game can be played on line, but  please check or notice the following things.

1. Make sure that in game options in the menu of dune the settings are 8 bit graphics.

2. Make sure the game is running under windows 98. If you have windows XP check this by right-click the dune icon go to the tab properties and see for the settings in the compatible tab. Change it to windows 98.

3. Check if your firewall is off.

4. Make sure u have 1.06 version of dune. When you start up dune you can see it at the bottom of your screen on the right side. If not download it at http://dune2k.com/?page=files-dune2000&show=patches

5. If you have a router forwarded all ports of the router. (We are working on this one, so within a week or two that must be solved).

Notice the following.

1. Sometimes for no reason you been kicked out the lobby or when you want to start up a game.

2. If someone else hosts a game push the refresh button so you can see the hosted game and join it.

Hi Olaf, can you do make some changes in the dune lobby? To get newbi's informed we need two links in the lobby of dune. One link refers to the dune website http://dune2k.com/  for general information and one who refers to the message board on http://dune2k.com/forum/. Thanks i notice that newbi's cant find there way there.

So after al it was a good dune week, i had several nice games. To bad the stats are not working anymore, but that is just a matter of time i hope. I had a lot of fun anyway.

Whats a bad thing although, the game don't work proberly as it should be. We lost a lot off players. But we dont give up and hope it will be fixed!!!!!

So to the players, if you want to play, the best thing to do is to give me a msn-adress and i add you to the players list. If there is enough respons the list will be here in a new topic. You can send it to me at muis2000dune@hotmail.com

If not we just keep on playing, i hate the talks of games that died!!!! I think 2006 will be a good dune year. Lets see if we can make that happen. Wish you all a good 2006!!! 

hi Stefan, thanks for your reply. I dont know if you are refering to the website or the game? If you are refering to the website i think dune2k site is a really good one. You can find here anything you need, so we dont want to change that. The best thing that could happen is that there was a down load for the game here!! But thats up to ea games, i dont think they will do that.

If you are refering to the game, there must be made some technical adjustments because the xwis server dont support dune2000. Its really hard to play the game now a days. Olaf can made that happen but it think its taking to much time or the technical issue is to difficult. There is one guy in the community of dune that made a fix for the problems and knows al about the dune2000 game. But we lose contact with him sofar (Hollidays?). Maybe he will show up one of these days we hope. I saw you made some nice things for dune2 so can you help us out here?

The meaning of this topic was that Olaf from xwis should response, thats what he promisse to do.

Well lets hope he make a good start with it this year. So Olaf will you please look into to the matter, we lost contact with our technician. So its all up to you to fix it. Cant you contact ea about it? 

To the fed2k staff, could you please pin down this topic so its always on top? The meaning of this topic is to inform the dune community to the last news for dune2000 and the progress we made to olaf (xwis). Or maybe you have better ideas to get the community informed? We already asked you but do you have connections with xwiss or ea to help us? Its seems to be a self "help" supporting game nowadays. :) 

I don't really think Dune2k cares about Dune 2000 anymore (ironicly). They just don't care. They look at us and think it was fun while it lasted but it is over now. They won't help us in the least.

Not to mention that Olaf is a complete idiot that he can't even program his own server to work with Dune. Or if hes to lazy to do the dirty work himself. You decide which is worse.

I don't really think Dune2k cares about Dune 2000 anymore (ironicly). They just don't care. They look at us and think it was fun while it lasted but it is over now. They won't help us in the least.

Not to mention that Olaf is a complete idiot that he can't even program his own server to work with Dune. Or if hes to lazy to do the dirty work himself. You decide which is worse.

I'd recommend watching your tounge you piece of shit. Just because Olaf hasn't programmed his server to work with YOUR version of Dune that by no standards makes him an idiot. He saved Emperor, put a LOT of work together and essentially single-handidly has saved multiple games. Quiet, tool.

;) well said xwiss support, DLAoutlaw/muis idiot you are and always will be junior (newbie) members to dune2000, how dare u insult our host who might help dune in the future, i appoligise for them the older members would never had said those stupid comments they made!!!

heads-downtow :)

I'd recommend watching your tounge you piece of shit. Just because Olaf hasn't programmed his server to work with YOUR version of Dune that by no standards makes him an idiot. He saved Emperor, put a LOT of work together and essentially single-handidly has saved multiple games. Quiet, tool.

For a staff member you have quite an strong pen. You should really watch what you type a mod trying to start a flame war. Thats so pathetic I would get on you more about it but since I have been apart of Dune2k for awhile and I have alot of friends who've been apart of this site I won't.

All right back on topic where is Olaf now? He has the rights to a server he cares nothing about and claimed he was going to support it. He has not posted a thing saying what hes doing or what he is having trouble on has he? Olaf may have saved emperor but he isn't going to save Dune2k.

I have tried being nice. I have sending him well thought out private messages, no foul language used, no written abuse used, just nice messages asking him to try to keep us informed or tell us something is going on. He has done nothing but ignore me.