Texture Glitches

awelcomecomatose

I recently decided to go back and play Emperor once again. I had played this game on my last three computers all with Windows Xp and didnt have a singel problem. This time around it has been differnet. It started with the seemingly common Windows Xp vs Dune problem but after applying the fix the Game installed and ran properly.

I went into the game and turned all the settings on full and proceeded to start the game. Everythign loads fine but any movement causes missing or glitchy texures in the landscape. After turn all the settigns down to low and dropping my resolution the problem stayed. My computer is Spyware and virus free and i have the latest Omega drivers.

My system has an amd 64 3200+, 1 gig of of ram and an ati x800 videocard.It plays half life 2, Doom3, Call of duty and many other games glitch free. Nothing is overclocked.

I cant seem to get this problem to go away. Any help is appreciated

DirectX is ok ?

All the other drivers are up to date ?

I havent heard of this problem before, so there is no definate solution to pass on...

Also, in game options, for the graphics settings, under custon, and finally in advanced, disable both the check boxes for testing purposes...

Well after installing the game In my brothers computers I noticed that the same problem occured in my one computer also using an ati card. The computer ran fine on the Nvidia computer I determined a Driver issue and started rolling back drivers till I was back to Cat 5.1's. It seems all drivers 5.11 and early work flawlessly while anything after seems to bring out this problem. This a shame as the latest sets of ati's drivers 5.5 5.6 and 5.7 give me a very noticable FPS gain out my games. So sacrifice performance in all my games for the sake one or live with out dune. Your help has been appreciated

Dont say that ! I am downloading catalyst 5.7 right this moment for my ATI card ! Lol !

Oh well, thanks for posting your solution. It will at the very least help me by stopping me upgrading.

Glad you got it working. Hopeuflly we will see you online now...?

the 5.6 and 5.7's worked beautifly on my computer for ever game. I was quite with them as they gave me a large  fps increase in all my games. I considered them one  of the best ati had released in ages but it seems to be the problem with dune. What driver set where you using prior to this.

Damn, should have made a note of this. But I went ahead and installed them (5.7) and they worked fine. I used the full control panel one which came in at about 36 megs (!) but Emp worked fine !

Strange. Maybe its a combo of the mobo you have (ie chipset) and the graphics card or something more then just 5.7 being incompatable...

...Strange. What led me to the drivers is I expereinced the problem on two ATI card computers. I was on one and i found the 5.1 drivers in a download folder so I installed them and the game worked. Back on my computer I started with 5.7 to 5.6, 5.5, 5.4 ect till I hit 5.1 and all the drivers before worked. Grrr this is frustrating

Nah, I was very late on the scene, not coming online until about a year and a half ago...

We always welcome new players. I lost so many games in the beggining I almost gave up completely. I was away for a few months thinking it was pointless. Now that I stuck with it the game is even more fun.

Either way, it would be good to see you online. CAtch you later Comatoastman...:P