Freedune

Skaldi

Hello I am also working on a Dune II Clone.

I have posted a Screenshot and here is the link to download it.

The game is in a pre-alpha Developer Version.

The Menupoints "Quit Game" and "New Game" already work.

It doesnt make a difference yet which Side you choose. (You always play the tanks in the upper right corner).

You can move them with selecting them and clicking to the aim (also on the minimap).

With the keys 'e', 'r', 't' you can add Tanks beneath the mousepointer.

This game is completeley developed in C++. The floortiles and all Tanks and weapons + effects are designed by myself.

The pictues off the different groups are stolen from Dune2000.

You need Dircetx 9.0 to play it and a graphic card which supports OpenGL. (It runs fine on a P III 500 with riva tnt).

In the Data folder there is a setup.exe, which is started from the console. (The fullscreen ist taken out yet cause of developing reasons.)

But the Setup.exe can be used this way: "setup 1280 1024 32 60 1 1" the first 2 params is resolution. The next are in not fullscreen unintresting. The last is play midi Files has to be set 1 in this version, else theres no music. This is the original Dune II music. I made my own Soundtrack already but its 200 mb so too much to upload yet (in this pre-alpha release).

Yet you are unable to build buildings (they are already designed but have to be rendered and implemented first.)

I would like to get some review of "die hard" dune fans