Rules ini help

I downloaded the rules ini but it was in txt form so i changed it to rules.ini but where do i put it? i put it in the main directory nothing happened, i ead in another post to put it in the data/model directory but there wasnt one so i made it still nothing. What am i doing wrong?

It crashes because there are some configuration conflicts in the rules.txt. I took it upon myself to edit this file manually. I started by trying to give one house an advantage. I got the game to load and run properly expect for one glitch still. The problem I run into is that everytime I try and place an Atreides Starport, the games shuts down on me. I am not sure why it is only this building that is giving me the problems but if anyone has a solution to stop the game from quiting when placing the Starport, I would appreciate hearing from you.

FYI.... The only settings I changed were the cost, build times, upgrade costs, upgrade build times. I have even tried commenting out the Starport Update delays and such and it still crashes.

I haven't been able to get that mini-mod working either. hmm

Help!!

Thanks