Unreal II .CON files

Procyon

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, the music was quite decent in that game, wsn't it?  I recall having no trouble accessing the soundtrack with winamp, seeing as how the music is in mp3 format.  ;)

Go to your Unreal II directory, then to Sound (or "music" or whatever) and you should find them.  If not, check the CD).

That's the desert level where you tell the Marines where to go and defend from the Mercenaries for the first time, right?  Now that you mention it, I remember looking for that very music track myself among the MP3s, to no avail.

Try the WinAmp website.  They may have a plugin that can play music files embedded within other files, such as .con files.  I've made extensive use of it's .UMX player plugin, which could play the .s3m and .it files for Unreal and Unreal-based games (Deus Ex, Klingon Honour Guard, etc) embedded within .UMX files, rather than extracting them manually.

If that fails, google for a program called "Game Audio Player".  It's supposed to be able to sniff out any music or audio from any file dragged and dropped onto it.  I've only used it a few times, and with limited success, but it's worth a try.

In any event, if you find that Sulferon music, let me know, will you?

• 2 months later...