CAN I PLAY DUNE ON LAP Top

Nerdyy

I recently bought a lap top.. some reason i cant get dune to work on this thing.. im thinking its because of my vid card.. but the prob i am having is that when dune is installed.. i open itand try to play it.. it gives me a split screen.. and says something is wrong with the lcd screen.. now is that my vid card.. i have a geforce FX Go 5200 i think... should i get the ATI radeon 9000 instead???

Nerdyyy

I recently bought a lap top.. some reason i cant get dune to work on this thing.. im thinking its because of my vid card.. but the prob i am having is that when dune is installed.. i open itand try to play it.. it gives me a split screen.. and says something is wrong with the lcd screen.. now is that my vid card.. i have a geforce FX Go 5200 i think... should i get the ATI radeon 9000 instead???

well dune what type of vid card you have.. can u tell me.. .cuz im thinking any of hte geforces wonht work with dune.. im not sure why.. but i think that might be the problem..somene help me on that issue..

Hi nerdy

you can play with your laptop, this split screen is common with laptops, install the latest direct X, and the latest drivers for your FX5200, you want driver version 5.6.6.3, also check your screen resolution settings, try 75 hrtz, when you have the latest driver for your FX5200, go to Display Properties,click settings then advanced, then the FX5200 tab, then click the screen adjustment tab. you might need to alter this... i did..

Shy  ::)

hey shy baby!!! how come u havent been in dune girl.. i miss you.. seriously.. but thanks for your help.. can u point me to a good site to go to download drivers.. u should know me by now im computer illiterate.. lol =))) after that i know the rest i think...

Chris... nerdyy

hey babez!! do u have msn or aim or yahoo.. much easier to get ahold of you.. let me know some how.. and how come your ass isnt in dune.. the tournies are starting.. your fav... haha.. but yea installed those drivers.. i dontk now if it helped or not.. doesnt relaly tell me if anything changed.. um.. stil lgiving me the split screen.. so i dont know this just sucks.. honestly just sucks.. lol..

Chris