the "rules" explanation please.

birdie

hmm i know something

NERTHH

no engineers ( dont use engineers in 1vs1 like cowards)

no rush  ( i think about attack from 3 or 2 gates in same time)

no turrets  (turrets are weak and just waste of moneys)

no harvester killing ( you die without harvesters, no harvesters --> no spice --> no money)about this rule is  not allowed to killing harvesters on spice field, (when u place army in spice near harvesters, you can be taken as HHer*

HHer --> harvester hunter

about crates:

crates are fun and can rescue you (sometimes u can have MCV from crate =]

a small tip for deviator

if you play ordos and have deviators, u can build around deviator a walls, tanks can be temporairy taken for you untill walls not crushed and deviators not killed

i do want to clarify..i use rocket turrets..not the weaker turrets..although against AI they have thier uses.. in a 5 vs 1 game while your attacked from two or more sides i notice a turret becomes the focus of an AI attack... kind of handy at times. very handy in playing the game in regular story mode. to me regular turrets are bait and i suspect only effective against the Dune2000 AI, not those reading this. still though i would hate to play an opponent who is Atreties and not have rocket turrets. what are the rules?  to me the NERTHH is lame. i have gotten beaten pretty badly in my second game. i finally was able to play another game and they rushed like crazy. with good timing with the AI opponents..kind of ganged up on me. let me know what is acceptable play and why these rules came about please.

best regards,

^v^

:O

why is it that the Nerthh rules are so specific?

Hey Birdie

Standard rules for online play are NERTHH, no engineers, no rush, no turrets, no harvester hunting.

Rush is set at 8 minutes, this is to give everyone who plays dune2000 a cushion of 8 minutes to build up a small army, so they can at least defend themselves

we can play until wol is ON, but be not nice when be off again.......

about fun: do you know how to place on sand (BOS) build on sanD? FOXrotorz PLACED a barracks in my base, i dont know why but i think he dont captured my any bulding and dont placed cncrete inside my base,  that is windows event

how to BOS

1.find man to play(can be newbie or oldie) ask him to build a hows bulding but dont place it,

2. tell him o press ALT+TAB , whenhe be on desktop he must in same time RETURN TO GAME (alt+tab) AND IN SAME TIME CLICK MOUSE(WITH SELECTED BULDING TO PLACE<MUST BE READY>)

3. AND YOUR NEWBIE OR OLDIE BE HAVING HOWS BULDING ON WHITE SAND. THAT WORK ONLY AROUND YOUR BASE BT IF U HAVE NEAR ENEMY YOU CAN PLACE IN ENEMY ((U MUST HAVE VER NEAR ENEMY  )

All the 'good' players play nerthh.

Actually birdie the only good players the post on this forum are me and shygirl lol!

all rest a newbies (i think)

well if you can beat 5 ai on hard then u must be pretty good, so.. look forward to playing u.

turrets are just really annoying because they make the game last far longer than it should, they require no skill because they attack automatically, and basically just ruin all the fun

the rule that causes most problems is no HH, because people complain and moan if you have units sitting in a spice field and you accidently kill a few harvesters.

Well i hope you get good, because there are only about 10 decent players to have 4 ways with these days :(

i play sometimes but i working for firm mks.com.pl and dont have eoungh time to playing, but i can in work :> my work is creating vaccines agaist computer viruses 

but i dont play on nerthh

i always played without rules but that is some !@#$ (engineers) and just 5quads kill harester in second (grrr)

i using another rules than nerthh,  FbWoLFtD

Fast battle,Winner or Loser,Fight To Death,

i play only ordos or harkonnen (atreides !@#$)

i have screenshot of polfan project

a fremens got construction yard,

in prooject is fixed AI (ai dont sold captured buldings)

project has been made 4days ago but i just got screenshots :( i dont have access to project polfan 

second shot is when  fremens blowed me up and  i tried to  survive on right down corner bt fremens created base and almost destroyed me, just survived wind traps and barracks :>[attachment archived by Gobalopper]