Emperor looses network connection

t21071972

>:( I have a problem since I replaced my ADSL router to a new one. After about 10 minutes playing Emperor on the Internet i loose connection and Emperor "quits" the game. From the game hangs until it "quit" it takes 30-50 seconds. During that I can scroll the map. The same problem with cable and wireless on the router. It works fine with my old speedstream router but I prefer wireless.

Should I open a specific port for gaming in the router ?

Can I change some idle time or other network setting ?

Please help !!!!!!

I think the problem must be in the router setup (SMC Barricde g 2,4ghz 54Bmos wireless cable/ DSL router). I have a fixed WAN IP adress and 512kb ADSL.

So the game online works fine for a bit then quits? (the other connections are actually connected to you?)

I had a problem with my router as it did not allow uPNP (?) which meant I could not play any online games. I fixed the problem by emailing the manufacturer and they gave me instructions which did not help, but then I figured out that I needed to update it's drivers (which the email they sent me, made sense with the update which allows for PNP connections.)

You should look up your manufacturer of the router and see if there are any software updates for it.

What is your router's brandname/type (include version, like the 7500 series or something like that, if it has a number next to name)

I dont wont to buy a new one - yet.

It work fine and fast for about 10 minutes. Sometimes less. I have dual monitors so I can watch the networking traffic on the Windows Task Manager while playing. When emperor hang (i others loose connection to me) the traffic increase a little. The traffic does not stop.

The router is called SMC2804WBR.

A friend tried help me. He said that I have the newest firmware already.

Other suggestions ?

Email the company about your problem. But be very specific about your problem if you want them to help you at the fullest.

But if this is just a problem with emperor game and not any other online games/programs, then I do not think they would be able to help you (but you can try, they emailed me pretty quick). Do you have the latest patch for emperor?

Maybe go into your router bios and make sure upnp is enabled. (go to SMC website for more info on how to do that.)

http://www.smc-europe.com/english/support/driver_manual/broad.html#

for your firmware/manuals for your device